This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day of School!

Talk about being thrown in the deep end!

I got the placement sorted out that I need to work at while I do my teaching course, and it is at my old high school! I am going to be working with the art students. I am only there twice a week, but it's a start! The head of Art, who I am not familiar with (my old Art teacher has since retired) called and asked me to come in and have a chat with her...

I went in, and was followed by a class of 14-15 year olds! I thought I would be going in during a free period to have an informal conversation with her! What a shock I got. All of a sudden, I was her classroom assistant.

She had me helping out a student who had broken his arm. Basically, I was his bitch hehe. It was good though. She took me aside and said "If you can work with him, you can work with anyone." I sat down, and asked him what he enjoyed about Art, he said he prefered music, and started talking about the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. The ice was broken, and I managed to get him to do work even though he had a broken arm!

The teacher has said she is more than happy to keep me It was absolutely awesome. No drunken idiots, no one swearing at me, no one complaining about food or drink or having to wait too long to be served, and I got an hour long lunch break! At the pub I am lucky if I get ten minutes!
    Last edited by customersruinmylife; 09-18-2009, 02:11 AM.

sweeeeeeeeeeet
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Defusing situations with SCs has paid off. You'll be an awesome teacher who gets stuff done and takes no crap.

*pompoms*
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
        Defusing situations with SCs has paid off. You'll be an awesome teacher who gets stuff done and takes no crap.

*pompoms*
        Ditto what HFP said.

As much as Ill miss the stories, Im sure you (and your blood pressure) need a *permanent* break.

Good Luck in your new venture!

Comment

That is so awesome. I'm happy for you Even if I'll miss the stories, I'm happy you get to take a leave from a job that had you in fits.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
            That is so awesome. I'm happy for you Even if I'll miss the stories, I'm happy you get to take a leave from a job that had you in fits.
            Don't worry, I know several teachers and a college professor. School has it's own stories. CRML will have plenty to write about, I'm sure.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              Don't worry, I know several teachers and a college professor. School has it's own stories. CRML will have plenty to write about, I'm sure.
              I may have to change my username to studentsruinmylife

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                I may have to change my username to studentsruinmylife
                You and me both.
                I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  Has the teachers tracking this thread read Robert Fulghum's stories about teaching?

... the nude model for the art class being kidnapped by a gorilla?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X