X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what brown oughtta do for me:

Make their f-ing deliveries on time!

Receiving clerk is on vacation this week, so my supervisor is filling in for her. Our delivery hours are 7 am to 2 pm and they've been that way for at least a year.

Supervisor left for the day at 1:30 and I was in the backroom until 2, when I went to do other things in the backroom and out on the floor. At 3:15 I entered the backroom and heard the buzzer for the vendor door going off.

Then the service desk paged for an outside call for receiving. I answered it.

'Yeah, this is UPS, and I'm just wondering if anybody is going to get to me today? I've been waiting out here for 15 minutes hitting the buzzer and nobody's letting me in and whinewhinewhinebitchpissmoan."

I told him I'd call the manager on duty over, and I did, and she took her good-natured time to open up the door and tell him we had nothing to be sent out.

What I really wanted to tell him is "If you don't want to be stuck outside waiting, then maybe you ought to get your fucking ass in gear and stop by sometime before 2 pm, which is when receiving closes, as indicated by the big sign outside the door right in front of your stupid mug." But that is no way to talk to an "internal customer" such as UPS.

UPS has been coming by well after 2 pm for over a week. Even if this is because the driver's new, somebody should've told him what our receiving hours are, or he should've gotten the hint himself. After the receiving clerk leaves at 2 pm on non-truck days there isn't anybody just sitting in the backroom waiting for the buzzer to go off.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily
Working...
X