X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    Probably best to avoid Crabbies
    Got given a bottle of that once from a mgr as a reward, LOVE it!

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
      Having shopped different brands for morning sickness last fall, I'm fairly certain it varies depending on brand. Some seem to use more ginger than others.
      Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Probably best to avoid Crabbies unless another effect is what you're looking for
      Definitely avoid Crabbies - around here, "morning sickness" is used to describe a side-effect of pregnancy, and Crabbies is booze. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is no joke.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Um, I know that. I was referring to general nausea; the quote just referenced different brands of ginger beer. Please don't talk to me as tho I'm an idiot.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
          I went for ginger tea, made of 100% ginger. I'm not sure how much actual ginger is in ginger ale.
          It varies by brand. Canada Dry and Seagrams are both usually pretty good. Some cheaper brands seem to have less, so I usually buy one of those.

Dry ginger ale has less than golden ginger ale which isn't as common. But it will do the job on most people's nausea.

I also like purple (not white) grape juice for mild nausea.

Adding saltines is also a good way to settle the stomach
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I use ginger tablets. Easier for me to get down when I'm feeling like that. We've found a brand which is both inexpensive and effective on me.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Also, while ginger is harmless to Big Uglies like us, it's EXTREMELY addictive to members of The Race. Cookies (ginger snaps, of course) for reference.

Comment

I like Reed's Extra Ginger Jamaican Style Ginger Beer - it has a nice bite.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

When I was a kid and we took long road trips I would occasionally start to get car sick. Not often, there almost always had to be a combination of both heat and hours of reading. Anyway, my mom would get me ice cold Sprite or 7UP. I never had ginger ale as a kid, then I tried it and was like "I don't get it, it's just soda, what's the big deal? " In my case I think it's the memory more than the actual drink, if that makes sense. Maybe the ones with more ginger are better for nausea, since everyone can't be wrong.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Also, while ginger is harmless to Big Uglies like us, it's EXTREMELY addictive to members of The Race. Cookies (ginger snaps, of course) for reference.
                    As a native of Tosev III...

Comment

You got it! I'm a resident of that part of the Lesser Continental Mass that's not quite Britain and not quite United States.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                        I also like purple (not white) grape juice for mild nausea.
                        At least this way, if it all does come back up it's an interesting color.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        I don't get the reference, but the mention of "addictive" and "ginger snaps" reminds me of one cookie recipe my husband has that we renamed to "ginger crack," because they're really tasty cookies.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

The reference is to Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series, in which lizard-men from outer space wth roughly Cold War era military technology invade Earth (or Tosev III by their reckoning) during the Second World War. Needless to say, this throws a pentology-sized (IIRC) spanner in the works of world history. Fortunately for humanity, the lizard men were unprepared for our extremely rapid pace of technological progress especially under wartime conditions.

Ginger is, to the lizard men, more or less the equivalent of cocaine and heroin rolled into one.
                          Last edited by Chromatix; 04-10-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                            Needless to say, this throws a pentology-sized (IIRC) spanner in the works of world history.
                            Tetrology, plus the "Colonization" series (either 3 or 4 books) as a sequel, followed by a "single" where they visit the lizard homeworld - and there's quite a shock when it's found that Tosevite technology has advanced beyond that of The Race. Still, he didn't get quite as much mileage out of this as he did from a Confederate private finding a certain bundle of 3 cigars almost as soon as it was dropped.

Comment

Working...
                            X