This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't you say something?

So a family comes to me with 5 items and the whole time I'm bagging the father is staring at what I'm doing. I hate that because I know so many of them don't trust me to do it right. Then he has trouble with the card reader and I'm cheerfully helpful even though he's given me anxiety. I nicely comply with his son's request for a sticker. After I wish them a good night they walk away and I hear that they dropped something or it fell. I call out "Do you need another bag?" even though I have another customer in front of me. The dad says, "I'll just hold the milk. Shouldn't have put it in a bag anyway." I felt like a five-year-old being berated. ugh

Why do I bag milk? I didn't use to, but so many customers were asking me to bag it that I made that my default most of the time. Plus, it can leak, so why not bag it? If they don't want it bagged they usually tell me and all is well.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Just another jerk with a stick up his ass, looking for something to complain about. I swear, some people are not happy unless they're miserable!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I call out "Do you need another bag?" even though I have another customer in front of me. The dad says, "I'll just hold the milk. Shouldn't have put it in a bag anyway." I felt like a five-year-old being berated. ugh
      It sucks that he succeeded in making you feel like that. But think of it this way - that guy probably has a very sad life indeed if he has to resort to belittling someone who is just trying to help. At the very least, a simple 'no, thank you' would have gone a long way toward NOT being a jerk.

I don't feel sorry for HIM. But I do feel sorry for his family, because he's probably like that all the time.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
        But think of it this way - that guy probably has a very sad life indeed if he has to resort to belittling someone who is just trying to help.
        Yeah, basically what I was thinking. He's so small a person that making little passive-aggressive comments to total strangers makes him feel better about himself.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          So a family comes to me with 5 items and the whole time I'm bagging the father is staring at what I'm doing.
          I hate it when people do this and expect me to know why they're staring. Look buddy, everyone on your planet may be telepathic, but here on Earth, we use our words. Tell me what you need and I will help you.

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
          X