This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You HAVE to drive me home!!

Quiet night at the pub, but we are happy because the Easter weekend nearly killed us all. A man, mid 60's has been standing at the end of the bar all evening chatting to the staff. We have never seen him before and found him a bit creepy. He finished his beer.

Me: Would you like another?
    SC: *looks at watch* Errmmm...yeah go on then! It's two hours until my last bus home, and I'm quite happy here.

We carry on with our night. He finishes that beer sometime later.

SC: Could I have another? I still have over an hour until my last bus.
    Me: Sure.

He drinks that beer.

SC: *looks at watch* Well it's cutting it close, but I will have another.
    Me: Are you sure? I don't want you missing your bus.
    SC: Yeah I'll make it.

He has his beer.

SC: *looks at watch* Oh! Look at the time! I've missed my bus! I guess I'll just stay here a bit longer.

I go about my night. It is an hour before closing time and I am doing my jobs. I keep overhearing him making comments every time another member of staff walked past.

SC: Can't believe I missed my bus!

SC: Now I have no idea how I'm going to get home!

SC: I don't know what I'm going to do!

On and on he went. Different variations of the same comments. We closed the pub. Manager walked out.

M: OK can people start finishing their drinks please?
    SC: I can't get home.
    M: I'm sorry?
    SC: I missed my bus. I can't get home.
    M: Oh that's bad. Would you like me to ring a taxi for you?
    SC: I'm an old man. I can't afford a taxi.

I saw inside his wallet. Unless he lived in France he definitely had taxi money.

M: Oh...well we are closing I'm afraid. You need to finish your drink. However, the taxi office is literally in the street behind us. You could go there and speak to them. The police station is also on the same street if you are really stuck.

M went about her business. He stood there, not moving.

SC: Can't believe I'm stuck here.

He turned to me.

SC: Can you give me a lift to *town 20 miles away*
    Me: I'm afraid I can't. I only live 10 minutes walk from here so I don't drive.
    SC: Oh. Who does?
    Me: I ermm....I don't think anyone drives that is working today.

That was a lie. The only one with a car was the manager, and I wasn't going to put her in danger!

SC: I don't believe you.

He called M over.

SC: I need someone in here to drive me home. I have no other option.
    M: I am sorry but I am NOT driving you home. Getting your bus was your responsibility and you missed it. You need to live with the consequences.
    SC: I'm the customer! You HAVE to!
    M: I am also a 26 year old woman who is not going to allow a strange man she has never met before into her car to drive him to God knows where! Now, we are closed. Goodnight.
    SC: You HAVE to-
    M: I SAID GOODNIGHT!

He left and loitered out the front until we had finished. M offered all of us a ride home, which meant that every seat in her car was taken.

SC: What the hell are you doing?? What about me??
    M: Taxi office, 100 feet that way. Police station a little further. Go to them!

A co-worker waved at him as we drove away.

Please tell me you're not going to be serving this guy again. Definitely creepy, possibly dangerous.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      Please tell me you're not going to be serving this guy again. Definitely creepy, possibly dangerous.
      Yeah, I got that feeling too. I think a ban might be in order.

Perhaps because he couldn't get what he wanted from you folks, he'll go pester some other bar.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm sure he hadn't planned that from the start...
        Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Agreed, a ban is definitely worth considering...

Did he really think begging people who have never even SEEN him before for a ride 20 miles away was going to work?

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            Agreed, a ban is definitely worth considering...

Did he really think begging people who have never even SEEN him before for a ride 20 miles away was going to work?

Based on some of the demands I've seen post from their SC's, I can't say I'm surprised how ballsy some assholes can be.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              Did he really think beggingdemanding people who have never even SEEN him before for a ride 20 miles away was going to work?
              Slight correction needed here.
              Haddock is right, did you forget the name of the forum, eltf?
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                Slight correction needed here.
                Haddock is right, did you forget the name of the forum, eltf?

I remember one... it might have been another customersruinmylife story, actually... someone at the bar had left a bag in their taxi and was demanding that the bartender call the taxi company because the SC couldn't be bothered to do it.

Comment

That sounds like one of CRML's SC's.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yup, it was.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

For those who want the thread instead of everything by CMRL that mentions "taxi".
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        For those who want the thread instead of everything by CMRL that mentions "taxi".
                        D'oh. I screwed that up. Thanks, wolfie.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I did forget just how many SC's pass through CRML's bar. I think only Vacation Rentals Suck had things worse...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                            I did forget just how many SC's pass through CRML's bar. I think only Vacation Rentals Suck had things worse...
                            I dunno, I'd vote for Gravekeeper with Argabarga a very close second...
                            Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                            TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Ran into one of these when I worked in the physical therapy clinic. She'd fallen in one of the base's stores and sprained her ankle, and now she needed help getting home. I asked her how she'd originally gotten to the store, and she'd walked from her nearby home. So, I suggested she call a cab. Nope, no money. I suggested the hospital's shuttle bus, which had a stop close to where she lived and which was free of charge for patients. Nope, she didn't want to go on a bus with crutches. I suggested that she call her husband, who was military; nope, he'd get mad at her. I eventually got my boss to call her husband, and he came and got her. I got the impression she wanted me to take her home; wasn't happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X