This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fail on my part as well as a suck

Last year, I had to take a trip to the hospital due to what I later found out was a kidney stone. I didn't have health insurance at the time, so even with the financial aid the hospital could provide, we still ended up with a hefty bill.

We had to call TWICE to set up a payment plan, the first time was easy but apparently it didn't go through, and the second time the person on the phone tried to argue with us that they don't do payment plans. We managed to get it worked out and set it up to auto-pay, and that was that.

I just got a letter from a law firm (which I thought was unusual, but okay) demanding full payment. Apparently the auto-pay stopped doing its thing after May, even though we haven't even contacted the place since we set the auto-pay up last September. Where we failed was checking the bank statement to make sure the payment went through, but still, WHY did it stop in the first place?

Luckily it looks like we can take care of the remainder of the bill without messing up our financial situation too badly, but the stupidity of it hurts.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

I can't remember specifics, but something similar happened after my mom's hip replacement surgery. She had insurance, but still owed money and had set up a payment plan. Then some how it got messed up and she got a bill like yours, except it added interest I think, and was not from a law firm. I think it was from the insurance agency? She hadn't made any changes, was completely current on the plan. It took a short phone call and was fixed, but for a while she was freaked out.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

This is just me being paranoid, but is there any chance the withdrawals may start again by themselves, just like they stopped by themselves? Any way your bank can "block" that account from taking any withdrawals? I wouldn't be feeling too confident about their ability to fix errors.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
      X