This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple A disaster.

So occasionally my battery dies, or I blow a tire, and about once a year without fail, I lock my keys in the car. So since my insurance road side assistance had crapped out on us on more than one occasion we decided to switch to trple a. This was a slightly better situation as more was covered for the same price.

I called and asked to have someone get my keys out of my car. I know they use a script, but it was painfully obvious the person I was talking to was not listening. I would answer but she would ask follow up questions that made no sense, like were there any fluids leaking from the vehicles and what kind of road I was on when I stated I was in a parking lot.

When I gave her the address of where I was I was clear I was parked in front of suite 124 at 1650 w the road. Instead she put in I was at 1650 road. When she repeated it back I tried to correct her but she just said uh huh and told me I would receive a text shortly with my number on it to give the tow guy.

This was just the beginning of the stupidity

They gave my an hour window. I was to not leave the vehicle at any time. Luckily I had water. It is summer and hot here and there is a huge mosquito problem. So I am being slowly being eaten alive.

15 minutes into my wait my phone which has a very limited charge starts blowing up. Every time I answer it hangs up. I let it go to voice mail. I get the voicemail, and it says the driver is calling me why aren't I answering the driver is getting mad and I need to be at my car. Keep in mind, the driver isn't calling me, triple a is. I call triple a back and ask what is going on. They say they can't call dispatch because my hour window hasn't passed, to suck it up. I explain that the driver is supposedly looking for me. They suggest waving my arms and to call back if the driver doesn't get there in an hour.

In the mean time I get 3 more voice mails from triple A that the driver is angry, frustrated, lost and annoyed. That I am really need to be at my car. My swollen but bitten sunburnt limbs are testament to my standing by my stupid car.

I call back and get someone sane, she calls dispatch. Guess what, not a single driver is near me. My driver just clocked in and getting his paperwork together, and is 5 minutes away at his body shop. I clarify where I am, the driver, knows the place, as it is a title registration company and he uses them for his vehicles rather than going to the dmv.

Exactly one hour after my call, my tow truck driver hops out of his car, pops my door, tips his hat like a gent and drives off after confirming my name. Not one complaint from him. Nothing but a smile and politeness. I went to his company website and wrote a glowing review.

At least the tow truck guy was nice.
    Last edited by Aislin; 08-26-2015, 06:52 PM.

Well I hope you contact AAA and tell them about their employee's lack of professionalism.

Comment

The third call documented it but I haven't received the call back I was promised.

Comment

i have a similar story... only in my case i have Allstate Roadhelp for RVers... cuz lets face it, your car breaking down is a totally different animal from your 40 foot house on wheels breaking down.

my story involves a 40 foot retired transit bus that we purchased with the intent to convert to a motorhome breaking down while trying to drive it to it's new home, and when i called for a tow, the person had a mega-thick accent, was obviously reading off a form, and had no idea what i had. i stressed repeatedly i had a FORTY FOOT BUS and she kept saying "what kind of truck is it?" when i finally got off the phone with them and the wrecker called, i asked "did they tell you it was a 40 ft bus?" and he was like "nooooo." he still arrived with the wrong size tow truck, cuz he thought i meant a school bus, not the 16 ton air-braked rear-engine solid stainless steel monstrosity this thing was..

there was some drinking involved after we finally got the dang thing to it's final location

Comment

I started to type a response, realized it turned into a gigantic story. Gave it it's own post http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s....php?p=1285174

TL;DR of that story. Triple A only covers you if you were driving on actual roads.

Comment

Two words.... "Verizon Roadside". Some idiot ran me off the road and AAA said "sorry we don't pay for winching". Verizon covered it with a smile.
            "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

My car died on a thinly settled, dirt, rural county road about 35-40 miles south of Denver. It happened to be named Cherry Creek Rd. That name also belongs to a major artery in Denver. No cell phone.

Yeah, the phone person could not get it through her head that I was out in the Bijou, and nowhere near Denver, and half a mile from the nearest house. Even though I gave her the cross road. By the time I had walked there and back 3 times, I was pretty PO'd. And my feet hurt. I asked if the nice homeowner if I could stay there by the phone, and gave the number to dispatch. In a cold voice.

The truck driver called, and said he had driven up and down the road several times and never saw my car. I asked, are you by any chance in Denver? He said yes. I said, well, I'm down at the south part of Elbert County. He was shocked, and just as pissed as I was. His garage was 20 miles north of the one that should have been dispatched.

I guess he put a flea in someone's ear. The nice truck from Parker came the next day. I believe he and I may have conversed and exchanged a few opprobrious epithets regarding that dumb broad.

I love living in Flyover Country, but occasionally it has its disadvantages!

- - outside of that Very Bad Day, AAA has always been great.
              I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
              - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Working...
              X