X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does a mega phone cost?

Cuz I need it for my 2nd job.
    SO I was picking up this order for this customer at this Only Chiken Allowed restaurant. It was around 6 pm and the place (which isn't very big itself) was bursting at the seams with soccer moms and soccer dads with their brats. Brats on the tables. Brats running around. Brats screaming. Parents oblivious. Are they deaf? Oh how the brats scream! What did this place turn into a playground? I was at the bar the other night, picking up another order. They have about 20 big screen TV make the walls and floor tremble with a football game. That was NOTHING to this.
    Well, that's enough sighting as it is...I finally got to the cashier, I was pretty irritated from them brats. Her face was smiling happily.
    May I take your order? she asks/I lipread.
    Yes, um...is there an order for And here I shouted the customer's name.
    Ummmmm....is it a catering order? she asks.
    Um, no is there an online order for that name? I shouted.
    Um...she types on her computer. Then she calls for the manager. The manager shakes his head and runs off. She looks at me again. I don't get what kind of order?
    Online? I scream (to be heard over the noise)
    She looks confused. I lean in thinking she couldn't hear me, but she still says "No...." so I say can I order, then!!!!
    Her smile disappears.
    Eventually I got the order thru and sat down to wait. Her smile had turned into a frown, like she was just noticing the noise. Or maybe she thought I was being mean? I saw her still frowning as I left.
    IDK. Megaphone use is legal, but I'll probably get a citation by the police for "disturbing the peace".
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Here ya go.

Comment

A pencil and pad of paper work have worked!

Comment

Working...
      X