X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
    To a fellow customer at the "Dollar Only" store:

When you're standing in line at the cash register, it's NOT necessary to get as close as possible to the person in front of you. If I'd had to back up for any reason, I would've bumped into you.
    Same applies to the guy who tried to weld himself behind me in the checkout line after work Friday while I was picking up a few things for the house.

This is WHY I turned my back sideways toward you to block the debit card machine - you were in MY space.

Also, me using my debit card was none of your business.

Even if we were dating, I wouldn't want you THAT close to me in public.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Maybe you should tell the guy you already had a colonoscopy.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Love I don't care how many days in a row you call, or how many times you tell us when you'll pay, you don't get a booking until we get payment.

Bonus point: they didn't know the difference between an automatic vehicle and a manual vehicle.
        the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

• I'm pushing a two-foot-wide cartload of (mainly) glass and liquid that weighs more than I do. Stopping on a dime is impossible (stopping in general is difficult if I don't have room to safely maneuver). I know you saw and heard me. MOVE!
          ...Yes, I just "ran into" (brushed) you. You saw me and chose to step in my path anyway. Yes, I do know it's crowded, and I do know that "there are no cold drinks"...what does it look like I'm doing?
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• The. Sushi. Is. Fresh.
            Yes I know it's sitting in the case and might have been made more than five seconds ago but it's still fresh. I don't know of any foodstuff that goes bad in less than a day if left out at room temperature and anyway, everything in the case is refrigerated. Hell everything except the nori, rice paper, sesame seeds, and sometimes the avocados is refrigerated. Besides unless you're really lucky with your timing chances are everything but the avocado has been sitting in our fridge for at least a day so even if I did make the roll 'fresh' for you, it wouldn't be really 'fresh'. Besides our fish comes to us frozen anyway.

(pro tip: if 'fresh' really matters to you ask for your favored roll with some sort of substitution like no sesame seeds or with cucumbers instead of/in addition to the avocado. That way you'll get it made in front of you no questions asked without me mentally cursing you out)

Comment

• Yes it is ‘insert religious holiday’ tomorrow, and we are closed. This is not a new thing, it happened last year, and the year before that, … Yes the opening hours for the next day are different too, we open a whole hour later than normal. Scandalous.

Instead of griping at me, how about contemplating that this place being shut is not going to kill you. If this were an essential service like say a hospital you’d have a point, but it isn’t.

How about levering into that skull that whilst most of us nowadays aren’t what you’d call religious, we still like to get together with our families, or you know have a day off now and then.

Comment

• For the 3546th time, we do not sell bagels. I don't know where in our name it implies we do...okay, so we do have another store in NYC and one can get bagels everywhere in NYC...twisted logic, but I kinda get it. It's still wrong.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• 1. If you knock on the door instead of just coming in to the shop (who does that?) then expect me to show you expensive pieces of jewellery and watches while you stand in the doorway, it is NOT going to happen. I would rather refuse you service than risk you doing a runner with whatever I have just handed you. You can come and stand in the shop like everyone else does.

2. Coming in and shouting at any of my work colleagues is unacceptable for any reason, but shouting at the one who has previously been in an armed robbery and subsequently gets very panicky when anyone shouts at her is going to get you an instant ban from me. Especially when it is over a £16 alarm clock and she has done everything she can to help you. It is not her fault that you are a moron who can't work it.

3. If you really desperately NEED to take a phonecall whilst in the middle of a conversation with me, at least apologise or say "I'll be back in a minute". Don't just walk away from me while I'm talking to you. Then don't be surprised / annoyed when I am on another job (ie making the tea) when you decide to come back and talk to me about how important you are.

4. Yes I am in charge of deciding prices for repairs, so be polite to me and I will give you a good price.

5. No I am not the boss. Yes you are welcome to speak to him about your complaint but don't be surprised when he is ruder to you than I would ever be. And no, I don't know when he will be in, he is the boss, he does what the hell he likes and doesn't have to answer to us.

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    Same applies to the guy who tried to weld himself behind me in the checkout line after work Friday while I was picking up a few things for the house.

This is WHY I turned my back sideways toward you to block the debit card machine - you were in MY space.
                    And this is where you say loudly 'do you mind? I won't be paying until you take at least 2 giant steps back/away.'

I've mostly had this issue with little old asian & Indian women, but occasionally with others too. Must be something to do with my hair colour, because they are usually staring at it and probably don't realise how close they actually are to me.

(For those wondering, my hair is strawberry blonde with natural streaks of rich red, bright orange and blonde. I have never found anyone that can get even close to the weirdness that is my hair colour, even when I lived in Dublin for 12 months. And have had a woman get shitty because I wouldn't/couldn't tell her where I got my hair dyed. She wouldn't accept that it was natural. )
                    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• Quoth Dizzy_1986 View Post
                      1. If you knock on the door instead of just coming in to the shop (who does that?) then expect me to show you expensive pieces of jewellery and watches while you stand in the doorway, it is NOT going to happen. I would rather refuse you service than risk you doing a runner with whatever I have just handed you. You can come and stand in the shop like everyone else does.
                      I've actually done that with my mum, but to be fair it was a tiny little shop that we couldn't get her wheelchair in past the security gate.* The waist-high gate remained shut, my mum's wheelchair was pressed right up against it to reassure the owner that she wasn't a "jump up, grab and run" scammer, and I had my back to the lady who was holding the trays of jewellery over the gate for my mum to look at, both as a guard and to ensure I couldn't be a "grab and run" scammer. It worked quite well, and we got a lovely crucifix on a chain for my stepdad.

* Before anyone starts talking about disabled access, in the UK we have a lot of old buildings that would be either impossible or prohibitively expensive to modify to make them disabled accessible. When the wheelchair access laws came in a lot of buildings were grandfathered in to avoid bankrupting the owners. Indeed, in older towns some of the tiny little buildings in shopping parades in back streets would actually be impossible to modify as there simply isn't room to fit in a ramp, or there's not enough front-of-building to be able to widen the doorway and still have a window, not to mention opening a door big enough to fit a wider doorway wouldn't give any room in the shop for customers!
                      Last edited by greek_jester; 04-21-2017, 07:42 AM. Reason: Can't spell
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• In fairness one of our shops in tiny and I always make an effort either to help people in wheelchairs or mobility scooters in, or take things out to them if they really can't manouvre in to the shop. To me that is just good service. But just knocking on the door and expecting to be served in the doorway when he could have easily just stepped inside is beyond ridiculous. He also had a bunch of mates messing around outside and I was working alone (safe I know!) so just made me feel really uneasy.

Comment

• Lady, if you want me to help you then YOU NEED TO SHUT UP! You have not stopped talking since you called. Literally!

No, you don't need to speak to someone in Obituaries. Why not? Because you want a copy of the paper that had a guy's obit in it! Obituaries are written by reporters! Reporters do not sell the papers!!

Yes, yes, you do need to talk to circulation. Why did they transfer you back to me? Because you keep telling everyone that YOU NEED OBITUARIES!! STOP DOING THAT!!

If you had told them you wanted to buy a past copy of the paper, they'd have taken care of you by now. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! Let me finish, you old dingbat!

OMFG!!!
                          Last edited by MoonCat; 04-27-2017, 01:55 AM.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Yeah, I know you're trying to pay this before the current due date, but the late fees are from a payment that was due over 60 days ago.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• To random off the grid guy: You carried your Satellite box to who-knows-where, pinned it to a tree and are now having issues with reception. You don't say. You know, you're supposed to get your service actually moved. Of course, now we're getting to the problem of where the hell you are. The address you gave us seems to be part of a PARK? I can find it on google maps but not our systems AT ALL. We need your legal documentation - oh, you hung up.

Righty oh.

Comment

• "Welcome to CrazyBurger, would you like to try our Breakfast Item of the Moment today?"
                                "Ah, no thanks, can I get some Chicken Derps?"
                                "I'm sorry, we are unable to sell those before 11AM."
                                "IT'S TWO [BLEEP] MINUTES!" *drives off*

I dunno lol
                                Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Comment

Working...
                                X