X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's what she said...

LOL=little old lady

CSR, aka done to a turn and ready to serve = me

LOL calls in, wants her 7 day trial cancalled.

Myself gets her info and gets acct open, pleased that for a change a customer knows it's a trial and does their part.

Then I discover she's a customer with the Apple app to use our membership on the phone. Translate: alas, she must cancel by calling Apple. We can't do it.

Note: Personally I think we should be able to cancel these and I totally understand Lol's frustration that I was the 3rd (at least!) person in our department that couldn't help her for a reason beyond our and her control.

However, when all 3 of us inform her that Apple must help her, that they are in fact open, and give her the phone number to call them, it is not necessary for LOL to inform us that we are just refusing to help her ON PURPOSE just to mess with her and call us names that would make a sailor blush with shame.

I'm willing to help her. I'm wanting to help her. I'm waiting to help her. I even recognize that for a change I'm on a customer's side. Helpless against the man.

Guess my wizened heart isn't totally Grinchified. But hopefully if I ever get her back on the line again, she learns to swear better. I could do that good in 6th grade.
    Last edited by XRogue; 04-20-2017, 11:10 PM.

Quoth XRogue View Post
    call us names that would make a sailor blush with shame.
    Landlubber? Polywog? Those are names that a sailor would be ashamed of.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've made construction workers blush, I can give lessons.

(also I'm a Golden Shellback so I'll keelhaul anyone who calls me a wog)
      Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 04-21-2017, 01:07 AM.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

A Pygmalion reference!
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          A Pygmalion reference!
          I'm a good girl I am!

As far as her language, pollywog would have been amusing at least. According to LOL, I am a manureheaded person of no IQ with a face resembling some dude named Richard.

And what is a Golden Shellback? Enquiring minds and all....

Comment

A shellback is a sailor who has crossed the equator (don't know what distinguishes a golden shellback from other shellbacks), a polywog is a sailor who hasn't.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Golden = crossing the international date line?
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                A shellback is a sailor who has crossed the equator (don't know what distinguishes a golden shellback from other shellbacks), a polywog is a sailor who hasn't.
                Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                Golden = crossing the international date line?
                Yes the equator at the date line.
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

"I'm willing to help her. I'm wanting to help her. I'm waiting to help her."

I thought she was a "little old lady", not a "little old My Fair Lady"! LOL
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Don't know about Mygfailion, but "Move yer bloomin arse!" MFLs it.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ah thanks. I see I must make sure to go before the court of mighty Neptune.

And she moved her blooming arse alright, straight out of queue and into Lynwood.

Comment

Working...
                      X