This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitled woman at Wetherspoons

Dunno how it is for Wetherspoons pubs as a whole, but in the one in my town has a rule that children are not permitted after eight pm. This is cuz people were bringing their kids late at night and letting them run riot while they swilled back the booze.

Anyway, one night my friends and I decided to head down the Wetherspoons for a few drinks. We arrived at around half past eight, and saw the following altercation between a woman and the bouncers. The woman was accompanied by three little girls, aged around eight to twelve and was demanding that the door staff let her in. The bouncers were explaining the rule about no kids after eight, but the entitled mum wasn't accepting it.

Entitled Mum: How dare you? This is discrimination against children! All I want to do is have a nice dinner with my kids, why is that too much to ask?

Bouncer 1: I'm sorry, but the rule is that no children are permitted after eight pm.

Entitled Mum: That's a stupid rule! We never eat before this time, why can't you just let us in?

Bouncer 2: Those are the rules.

Entitled Mum: Well then, I'll just come in round the back. You won't be able to stop me then once we're in.

Bouncer 2: If you do that, then we will have no choice but to call the police and have you removed.

Entitled Mum: How dare you? Well, you've just lost yourself a customer. We'll go to Pizza Hut instead. *flounces off*

Seriously? This rule has been in place for over five years. Also, I feel sorry for her kids if she makes them wait til nearly nine pm for dinner every night while she argues with bouncers. XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I'll bet the kids prefer Pizza Hut.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      I'll bet the kids prefer Pizza Hut.
      That's a given. XD But I'm guessing that their ma is a cheapskate.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        That's a given. XD But I'm guessing that their ma is a cheapskate.
        No, their Ma is using "dinner" as an excuse to get wasted.

Comment

Don't forget that in some cultures -- and for some people traveling or on shift work -- eating late is the norm. I was lucky if we sat down to dinner at 8 pm in Spain. When my Dad worked graveyard when I was a kid, we'd sometimes hold dinner that late so he could wake up to join us. Oh, and my kids would take some decent pub food over Pizza Hut any day. Just sayin'.

But yeah, in this case it sounds more like "I want my kids to eat food while I drink my supper". Throwing a fit was a sucky thing to do, especially in front of her hungry kids.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Just because Mrs. Entitled never feeds her family before 8:30 PM doesn't mean the whole world has to accommodate them.

Y'know, the funny thing is that if you go home and cook something, you can eat whenever you want and nobody can tell you you can't come in!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Y'know, the funny thing is that if you go home and cook something, you can eat whenever you want and nobody can tell you you can't come in!
              And Mrs. Entitled could drink all she wanted without endangering her children and others on the ride home.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                *looks sheepishly at the clock: 9PM*

Dinner is still about 15 minutes from ready. I don't like to cook this late, but with the temperature outside being in the high 90's F and my house not having air conditioning, I put off starting dinner until I could use the stove without dying of heat stroke. Dinner in the cooler months is around 7, but as late as 9:30 when it's hot out.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                  But yeah, in this case it sounds more like "I want my kids to eat food while I drink my supper". Throwing a fit was a sucky thing to do, especially in front of her hungry kids.
                  And let the pub babysit my kids while I do...

Comment

A healthy and filling after-school mini-meal can mean the kids are fine having dinner just before bed. A burger (lean meat patty, good bread, and plenty of veggies) isn't hard to make and can keep a kid happy for a long time.
                    'Leftovers' from last night's dinner (ie, you deliberately make dinner large enough to have a mini-meal today) can also work. Especially if it's a kid's favourite like lasagne.

That said, the woman didn't have the right attitude about it. If it's the norm in the area for dinner-places to shut down around 8 or 9, then she should be making reservations for her late dinner.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                      And let the pub babysit my kids while I do...
                      And then threaten to sue when Little Billy ends up injuring himself wandering around a dark bar filled with drunk adults at 9:30 PM. "WHY WEREN'T YOU WATCHING MY CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD?!???!?!?!?!!?! "

Comment

The stupid thing is, there are several restaurants in the area where Mrs Entitled could take her kids, all of which serve much nicer food than Wetherspoons. Their food is generally bought frozen then heated up; there's actually a restaurant right over the road that cooks all the food from scratch and doesn't mind kids being there as long as they're well behaved. I don't think that would be a problem with Mrs Entitled's kids; tho she might misbehave.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          The stupid thing is, there are several restaurants in the area where Mrs Entitled could take her kids, ...
                          Let me guess, those other places don't serve alcohol?
                          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                            Let me guess, those other places don't serve alcohol?
                            That's the stupid thing, they do! They're just a bit more pricey.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Yes, but pricey food means less money for her booze!

Come to think of it, she might have been banned from the other place, because of her attitude.
                              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                              X