Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure that's a great place to greet your friend!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure that's a great place to greet your friend!

Yesterday my brother and I went to the Weird Al concert (fantastic show BTW) so of course we needed to find parking. We're about to to turn into a parking lot when two pedestrians stop right in front of the entrance and hug one another. Dumbasses.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Yeah that is annoying. I was late for an interview and I rushed out of the subway and this couple starts making out right in front of the doors! I said EXCUSE ME!!!!!! and pushed past them and they stared at me like I had just smacked them with a bat. Do that where people aren't trying to go thru please!
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I just don't get having family or friends reunions in the middle of walkways, roads, parking lots. It's like they are screaming, "Remove my family tree to make speed bumps!"
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

It's like people who STOP DEAD right in the entranceway at work, instead of at least moving to one side to allow people they CLEARLY know are right behind them to pass. I mean, I can sort of understand if they're struggling to fit a fidgety toddler into the baby seat or something, but still...keep it moving.

Comment

It used to really bug me when people would stop right in the middle of the aisle at work to reminisce and not only could other customers not get around them but we workers couldn't get around them.
          "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I've written about two incidents about morons who do this in roads and streets. I have started to call them Flatillas. Those people are asking to be hit by a car.

Almos Flatilla
            The Flatilla Family
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Saw one of these today! Someone pulled into the entrance of the parking lot and then sat there, with the rear of their car still sticking out into the road and multiple cars + a delivery truck backed up behind them wanting to get in, while he looked vaguely around making up his mind where to go. There was honking.

Get out of the way first, dude!

Comment

Oh, you folks would love it around here. People will stop their cars, side by side, at an intersection in the middle of nowhere, to sit and talk. Either that, or they sit out in our parking lot forever and talk. It's particularly annoying when one of them has gas that they need to pay for. I've seen them stand in the doorway of the store and talk, too. I get the whole midwestern friendly thing, but damn. Get out of the way!
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                  Oh, you folks would love it around here. People will stop their cars, side by side, at an intersection in the middle of nowhere, to sit and talk. Either that, or they sit out in our parking lot forever and talk. It's particularly annoying when one of them has gas that they need to pay for. I've seen them stand in the doorway of the store and talk, too. I get the whole midwestern friendly thing, but damn. Get out of the way!
                  We get that around here as well . . . a narrow residential road is NOT the place to stop and have a family reunion, folks!

Even worse is when there isn't enough room on either side to get around them.

Yet they have the nerve to get pissed if you honk and yell at them to get the F*ck out of the way. It's not like I can back up and turn around, especially if there's another car behind me, dude. Seriously, just pull the Hell over if you want to gab. The road is for vehicles to pass through, not for you to sit in the middle of and talk.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    The road is for vehicles to pass through, not for you to sit in the middle of and talk.
                    I needed a giant sign which said this when I lived in my home town. Small town, and the street I used to get home was twisty and narrow. No bike lanes, very small shoulders, drop off on one side, hill on the other.

Yet people would stop in their cars to get their mail (and apparently read it, too. ), or chat with someone in another car, or chat with someone walking their dog. Oh, my favorite would be when one or two people would be walking, often with their dogs, in the freaking MIDDLE of the road. And here's how they react to a car driving -heaven forbid!- toward them on the street: Surprise, or confusion. They'd often very slowly move slightly to one side, maybe a foot or so. Then there were the people who appeared angry.

Yup. These people would be mad at me, for driving on the road! Or they'd want me to pass unsafely, which I wouldn't because of all the blind corners. Wave your arms all you want, I'm not doing it.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Had my own "stop where you like" couple this weekend.

Background: I went to a maritime festival this weekend which has upwards of 30,000 people go through over the course of 2 days. The festival is held on the docks as there are always various ships ranging from wooden repro tall ships through Navy cutters to RNLI lifeboats*, and you can actually get tours around most of them. As such the festival is very long but very narrow. To make life easier, there are 3 entrances; 1 at each end and one approximately in the middle. /bg

I had stepped out of the festival to visit a cashpoint (my purse was rapidly emptied between the craft tent and the food stalls - curried goat is awesome! ) and as I was re-entering an elderly couple decided that holding up the 50 or so people behind them to rummage in their shopping trolley was appropriate - despite the entrance widening out enough for them to pull over literally 3 paces ahead of them.

Needless to say there were a few sharp words from volunteers on the gate about keeping the area clear for traffic, which had the elderly couple throwing spectacular cat butt faces at everyone behind them for daring to ask for a little consideration!

* You can tell the RNLI lifeboats were constructed by Brits; they have massive tea urns bolted to the little kitchenette area at the back of the boat!
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I could tell so many stories about people blocking the aisles at our store. People think absolutely nothing of just standing there and chatting in such a way that nobody can get around them, on the main aisle of the store, blocking traffic in four directions, and they'll be completely oblivious that there are staff and other customers waiting to get around them.

One of these days I'll write a post about it called "The Five-Ton Death Machine Has the Right of Way". (The name makes sense in context, I promise.)

Comment

I've seen people gabbing in the aisles completely oblivious to a fully loaded pallet jack bearing down on them. They have horns on them, but think clown-car horn (no problem at night, but barely audible over the general daytime noise).

I've suggested many times that anyone using a jack during the day should also carry an air horn...but even that might not get some people to move their butts.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Don't worry, they'll move - after all, a loaded pallet jack has the "right of weigh". It's merely a question of whether they'll move on their own or do they need to be pushed.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                              Yeah that is annoying. I was late for an interview and I rushed out of the subway and this couple starts making out right in front of the doors! I said EXCUSE ME!!!!!! and pushed past them and they stared at me like I had just smacked them with a bat. Do that where people aren't trying to go thru please!
                              The weird thing is when they decide you're going to start moralizing at them for a public display of affection when really you just want to get through the damn door they're blocking. I once got a sneering, "It's a free country; if you don't like it, leave!" from one lavishly made-up girl with eighteen piercings, "I'm TRYING to, you're in the way!" I replied. She screamed "Asshole!" after me once I'd left. Guess she showed me.

Comment

Working...
                              X