Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure that's a great place to greet your friend!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving Wally World today, after stopping in to get a few things and having an inattentive cashier screw things up... Come outside to find A guy hanging out the window of an SUV having a chat with the driver and passenger. In the middle of one of the "main" rows. I looked at my son, sighed, "Family reunions in parking lots.. nature's own speed bumps." My son sized the guy up and said, "Rather huge speed bump." They weren't just block traffic ON the row, but the two vehicles parked on either side of said hanging ape.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

We have one powered jack and two manual; on all of them if you let up on the handle they will stop (powered one can stop dead, manual jacks will 'drift' an inch or two slowing down). Of course, that hinges on the operator/spotter seeing any obstacles. If there's no assigned spotter, the 'driver' can legitimately claim they couldn't see and presumed the way was clear...anyone who would find themselves in the way is responsible for getting out of the way. An able-bodied sighted customer has zero excuse for NOT seeing the thing.

I have yet to see full pallet jack versus mobility scooter, but it's probably only a matter of time around here.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Only saw a partly filled pallet jack vs the store's mobility scooters.. The jack was just sitting there was they were moving boxes to the floor (it had multi-departments on it) and the old gray bat decided to not pay attention to it and ran right into it. Fortunately for the store, nothing landed on HER.

It wasn't the store I was working at, so I never found out how much damage was done to the merch.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Ever see someone get off an escalator and stop dead?

Worst case I've seen personally, though, was back in about 1992 or '93 when I was vacationing alone in Colorado. There's a rickety one-lane trestle on a back road somewhere that used to be part of a railroad right of way. (Might have been on the Gold Camp Road, I forget.) Some genius in front of me drives across the thing, gets onto the solid ground at the end, PARKS HIS DAMN CAR blocking the end of the bridge stranding me on it, and starts taking pictures...

Comment

I do not and will never understand the logic of those people that walk in the road instead of on the sidewalk. It's never for the lack of paving either, in fact most of the people I encounter are doing this on roads with walkways on both sides so it's not even down to being too lazy to cross over.

It's bad enough in the day, but at night or in adverse weather? I will flash & honk because I want you to know that I've seen you; if it happens to scare you out of the way, so much the better.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
              Ever see someone get off an escalator and stop dead?
              Happened to me when I saw American Sniper with my Dad...some idiot just STOPS right when he gets off the escalator, nearly causing me, my Dad and the lady behind us to crash into him. Moron...

Comment

We have people who will drive their mobility scooters in the traffic lane, and of course act as if they have the supreme right of way. Once (sadly before I had a phone with a camera) I was on a streetcar which was creeping along behind an old guy who had decided the tracks would be a lovely jaunt for his scooter. I believe both the transit and town cops got involved in that one. He was not hearing-impaired in any way, so how he failed to hear the train's horn (from a foot away), bell and passing cars honking wildly is beyond me.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                X