This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer says no

I am working for a symphony and the way things work for our concerts is that people can get tickets through us or through Venue, we are 100% separate entities. We have all of our subscribers' tickets (basically they have a seat reserved but have to let us know they want it) and half of the remaining tickets (some from each section and price point) and Venue has the other half of the remaining tickets. There are no exchanges between our tickets and theirs, you cannot buy Venue's tickets through us and vice versa.

At noon the day before a concert (or noon on Friday if it is a weekend concert) we release all of our unsold tickets to Venue so that they can enter them into their system and sell them (as if we sold them we would not have time to print the tickets and get them to will call and Venue can just sell and print them at the door). At this point I cannot access them in any way, shape, or form, the computer system no longer has the concert listed, I cannot pull up the seating chart or see how many tickets are left, the only thing I can do is look up the ticket history of individual customers to tell them their seats.

People who want last minute tickets fall into three main categories:
    1) What seats are still open?
    -I wish I knew. I also wish I knew why you insist on asking me when I told you that you have to go through Venue (cue "well yeah I get that but I just want to know if [specific seats] are still open" and me telling them to go though Venue because I don't know. Lather, rinse, repeat.)

2) BUT TICKETMASTER HAS THEM!!!!!
    -Yep Venue uses ticketmaster and those are Venue's tickets, you can go through Venue or through ticketmaster but not me

3) BUT MY DISCOUNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Venue has the same student and military rush ticket prices, the only discount we have that they don't is our subscriber discount and quite frankly as a subscriber you should know by now that last minute tickets are through venue only!

Promise them an autographed Justin Bieber poster if they'll just go away ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Threaten them with an autographed Justin Bieber poster if they don't go away ...
      Fixed that for you.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
      X