This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The orgin of my meow.

So. I meow. Alot. I'm sorta good at it. I text it alot. I say it alot. I even write in posts sometimes. Though I was asked recently to explain it, I decided to post it. Mostly because it started because of a customer. That and I haven't been to work, and no stories. So yeah.

I will admit that it was wrong of me to do. But it was still way early in my career, and still young.

NOTICE There is some pee in this story. Just FYI. No, i do not pee on anyone, nor threaten to pee on anyone, no harm was to be caused by my pee.

I was working graveyard, very busy night. I started to have to go potty at around midnight, but it being friday/saturday (I don't remember which day), there was no shot of me getting a break. I've tried asking people to wait, but 99 percent of the time they'll just burst through the door to get their beer, they say go after me, but I still get customers.

Anyway, its 2:30 am. Beer coolers are locked, and I'm finally getting my break. I race to door to lock so I can go, but a guy bursts in. I tell him I have to go bathroom, please wait. Naturally he ignores me, and I'm forced to watch him until he buys what he wants.

(Yeah, I would have gone while he was in store, but that would be a write up. Company doesn't want people allow in the store because its rude. (That and people steal, but they don't want to say it that way). So I'm waiting as he stares at candy bars. I ask if there is one he's looking for. He just stares at me and says no, he can find it himself. Again, I tell him I really need to go to the bathroom, where his retort was I should have gone earlier, not his problem.

I've been doing the dance. I'm hugely tempted to just pee in my soda pop. I'm feeling sick, and he goes over to stare at the big candy bars. Finally I just. Meowed.

ME: Meow....
    I walk alittle to the side so he's about ten feet in front of me.

ME: MEooooow?"

ME: Meow!!?

The guy stared at me. Putting his candy bar back, starts walking out.

ME: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!

At this point the dude bursts out the door and runs off.

I lock door quickly, and somehow managed to get to bathroom right when it was going off. I still had to mop a little, but I had to go.

Why did I meow? I had no idea. I likely had Tori on my mind, a friend from my first collage, and a girl I had a major huge crush on, who would meow periodically during the times the group all hung out. I still talk to her, still miss her, but yeah. Our friendship isn't exactly like it was.

But yeah. I meowed alot. It worked. I managed to go, and did it ever go. Since then, I tend to meow when I'm ether nervous, unsure of what to say, happy, just alot of different reasons. But that is the orgin of my meow.

EDIT TO ADD: I gave him time. He was in store for ten minutes or so before I meowed.
    Last edited by Plaidman; 04-06-2010, 11:36 PM.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

but its cute! and it scared the guy off enough to let you go so sometimes it works!

Comment

errrrrrrrrrr what? that's about the strangest thing I ever heard. I've never known anyone to meow before........I meow in response to my cats but that's it...........
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Hee. My boyfriend meows; he's a real cat person and has catlike tendancies. It got me meowing in response, so it's like our little greeting to each-other. Now I just have to catch myself before I do it at work. Or growl.

Makes me think of when cats are upset and they make that quizzicle meow/yowl sound.

Be proud! Meow!

PS. Here's some cat-speak for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih6W19KTlZo
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

i moo. The Boy meows sometimes. sometimes he does this thing that i'm not sure what he does but i start barking like a chihuahua. i don't get it.
          i've decided that all the most awesome people make animal noises.
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Me and my best friend also Moo at each other. It started out as me mishearing him when he said "Move", but now we pretty much just do full blown cow impressions at each other when one of us wants the other to not be right where he is.
            Flood

Comment

Too funny!

That makes me think of Super troopers
              It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

I yowl and hiss...quite convincingly too. I also do the anime "nyaa" complete with hand movement when i mess with my friends.

Comment

I've been known to meow here & there

My daughter Mews, both vocally and in text.
                  I normally have an irc chat session open on the PC, she started randomly typing mew as she went past. After a while the channel owner set a trigger to respond to the mew with a random animal noise such as Moo, Baaa, cock-a-doodle-doo/don't

She got bored of it after a bit, but the trigger is still there.. it pops up from time to time when a word containing mew is typed
                  Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

PFFT! HAHAHAHAHAHAH! No wonder you're so fun to pick on! You're a CAT!

And I'M a dog. ....pony. Dog-pony-thing.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I "mrow" all the time. And "mew." And "mow." And I purr, and make "prrrt?" sounds.
                      I also hiss, but I'm not so good at growling. Instead, I just say "grar." It's kind of a signature.
                      I've got a Siamese (feline) accent.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                        I've decided that all the most awesome people make animal noises.
                        Aww!! ^.^ woo! ^-^ I'd say that's pretty accurate. The compulsion to be socially deviant in a cute and accommodating way generally tends to spring forth from the innate mindset that it is a harmless yet endearing tendency. My friend from High School did it all the time. She was one of the most awesome people I had the pleasure of knowing.

Me, I growl or snarl. Mostly when I'm alone. A carefully timed Tiger-sneer can instill just the right amount of fear into the idiotic people that you're dealing with to let them know that you're serious.
                        SC: "Are you new or something?"
                        Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

I can snarl. I learned it from my dog (who thought she was a cat. Because that's what I told her she was). You have to inhale to do it, but it's a near-perfect imitation.

Comment

dammit... I'm not awesome... I just pig-snort when I laugh. Well, you're one up on me Plaidman.
                            Make a list of important things to do today.
                            At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                            Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
                              pig-snort
                              Piggy?

Bacon?

BACON!

*Noms on*

Comment

Working...
                              X