X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workday Phrases of Lore and Legend

The rules of this thread are simple.

1. You supply an interesting phrase that you used or heard at work on the day you posted it - not in the past.

2. Make sure this phrase is out of context. Do not say why, how, or who said it. Just the phrase.

3. No additional comments from anyone to compliment someone on a fine example. Nothing like "That was good!" - we'll just delete such posts out of hand to keep the thread pure. Let's just keep it to odd, out-of-context comments.

4. Have fun!

5. Remember rule 3.

Rapscallion

"I'll pelt you with flapjack!"

Rapscallion

Comment

"So your mom will be wide open"
      "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

He can make a country bumpkin look like a pumpkin
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

"Can of weasel piss, please."
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

"Sure, we'd expect him to lie, but at least don't make the lie something you know they're going to investigate."
            "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
            "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
            My MySpace
            My LiveJournal

Comment

there's just the barest hint of underlying goatiness
              My Space

Comment

"Have you lit her on fire yet, or are we leaving that to the Man in Black?"
                Last edited by ThinMick; 01-06-2007, 04:38 AM. Reason: Realised that one was yesterday's. THIS one is definitely today's.
                07-88-02 :: How do I powercycle the previous agent?
                Get the joke? You know where I work. Missed it? Sorry, can't say a word about it.

Comment

"I don't come up with stupid ideas, I just implement them"
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

"Who denied it supplied it."

Comment

"I'm twice the man you'll ever be, and twice the woman you'll ever have."

Comment

"If you don't stop touching things, I'm going to do a lot of touching!"
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"This movie is so good, you'll never want to do heroin"
                          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

"Guess I should freak out and go call myself..."
                            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

"You're like the machine we have at my office..."
                              "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Working...
                              X