This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packaging WTF

I believe I have discovered the USA's answer to the Russian nesting dolls. I received my laptop earlier today. It came in a box, that was inside a box, that was inside another box.

The outside box was probably used to hide all of the markings of the other two boxes, but I don't understand the purpose for the second box.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

reminds me of the Steve Martin SNL skit about helmet protectors....
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

That brings to mind one Christmas when I wrapped a necklace for my sister that way. Progressively smaller boxes-all nicely gift-wrapped, of course. One way to keep it a surprise.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Better that then when I ordered my laptop... It came in packaging that said exactly what it was and then FedEx left it with my neighbors since I wasn't home. >.> Thank goodness my neighbors are nice.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
          That brings to mind one Christmas when I wrapped a necklace for my sister that way. Progressively smaller boxes-all nicely gift-wrapped, of course. One way to keep it a surprise.
          I did that for my Brother with a Starbucks gift card. The actually card was in a plastic puzzle box of some sort that you had to work a ball through a maze for it to open.

Something like this:

https://www.seriouspuzzles.com/bilz-...saAhyWEALw_wcB
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            I did that once, for my ex husband. Except, I used tin cans in progressively smaller sizes. Started with a #10, and finished off with tuna can size. And made sure there were no can openers handy.

(We had a machine that seals tin cans at the time, and a supply of empty cans and lids. Made for fun times at Christmas and on birthdays. Also makes it REALLY tough to open a present to get a sneak peek then wrap it back up again. It didn't take long for each of us to acquire a spare can opener and keep it stashed.)
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Years ago my cousin expressed her displeasure at the way men's shirts were packaged. Women's shirts were sold on coat hangers, which were reused by the store. Men's shirts were folded around a pieces of cardboard, sometimes with tissue paper, held to together with a dozen or so pins and wrapped in plastic. She thought it would be less waste just to sell men's shirts on coat hangers. But nothing has changed in all these years.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Years ago my cousin expressed her displeasure at the way men's shirts were packaged. Women's shirts were sold on coat hangers, which were reused by the store. Men's shirts were folded around a pieces of cardboard, sometimes with tissue paper, held to together with a dozen or so pins and wrapped in plastic. She thought it would be less waste just to sell men's shirts on coat hangers. But nothing has changed in all these years.
                Beg pardon, but I've gotten lots of men's shirts off hangers in stores. Belk's and Marshalls come to mind. Now dress shirts, those get the fancy packaging.

Comment

Working...
                X