Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XCashier, you're from Phoenix too? I used to live literally right across the street from where the mall scene in "8 Legged Freaks" was filmed before they tore the mall down, if you know where that is.

You also reminded me, one of my uncles worked at the hotel where some of the Twilight stars stayed when they were filming in Phoenix one year.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
      XCashier, you're from Phoenix too? I used to live literally right across the street from where the mall scene in "8 Legged Freaks" was filmed before they tore the mall down, if you know where that is.
      Originally, yes, though I moved to the Pacific Northwest eight years ago. I'm not sure which mall it was; lots of malls have been torn down in the Phoenix area. (looks it up on Wikipedia) Oh yes, Valley West Mall. Yes, I visited that one a few times in its declining years.

I'm hoping to be able to go back to Phoenix to visit family soon. Unfortunately, it looks like the only time we'll be able to go is July or August; just the time you don't want to be in Phoenix!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Thana View Post
        I've never met anyone famous at any of my jobs. However when I was about 13 or 14...don't quite remember the age, I did meet O.J Simpson and got ta shake his hand.
        Funny O.J. story:

After he was acquitted, he moved to Miami, FL. The house he bought was on the same street as a friend of my father's. My father's friend had this little dog that was an escape artist. My dad's friend, when the dog escaped, would walk along the street, calling for his dog. The dog's name? Killer.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
          The first day I was there they wouldn't let me bring in my adrenaline shots, they had a security guard assigned to follow me around all day, and if I got stung by a bee he was supposed to carry me to the nearest truck (the guard they assigned me was about 300lbs of nothing but muscle) for transport to the highway to meet an ambulance.
          WTF? You have a medical condition which requires a non-scheduled medication RIGHT NOW if certain situations occur, and they won't allow you to bring the medication onto the property? That should fall under OHSA's "right to refuse unsafe work" rule - with the unsafe work in question being "you on the property without your medication".
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've gotten autographs from Andrew Gaze too many times to count. Dad used to get us corporate seats through work and we would normally be behind the commentators or able to stand along the hall to the locker rooms. I can't watch basketball on tv, but love watching it at a stadium.

Also have somewhere the autographs of the whole basketball team from the Melbourne Tigers from 92 or 93. They came to the school for a 'kid brainwashing' session to get us to play more sports. Can't remember all the players, but I know Luc Longley was one of them and not long after he headed off to play in the USA.

Have autographs from various international sprinters including Cathy Freeman and a few American olympians including the guy who spent his entire 400m final staring at himself on the big screen in London.

Have Russell Ingall's autograph and got to do a hot lap of Phillip Island GP track with his endurance co-driver at the end of 2012. Really nice guy for a race car driver.

Got to meet a few pro skateboarders in 2002 at a massive concert/skateboarding/wrestling event. Even met 2 WWE wrestlers at the event. The joys of passing out in the mosh pit.

Have meet more AFL players than I can remember. But I never know who they are until some groupie starts screeching that I'm taking 'their' man. :roll eyes: The joys of living in the 'sports capital of Australia' when you don't follow sports at all.
            A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
              Have meet more AFL players than I can remember. But I never know who they are until some groupie starts screeching that I'm taking 'their' man. :roll eyes: The joys of living in the 'sports capital of Australia' when you don't follow sports at all.
              Correction-the joys of living in the football capital! (the current Aussie Rules league originated in Victoria, then extended out. There are teams in nearly every state apart from Tassie and the two Territories. Most of the teams in the league hail from Victoria, with each of the other states having at least 2 teams nowadays. Each state has their own state AFL league though, although NSW also has a rugby focus.)

Speaking of footy players, I met Fitzy once at an event that was being held by Nova (I was "technically" working that day-with the family business ) and one of the reserve players for Freeo (I think) I went to school with.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
              X