This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My store is now closed

Today was the last day for my store. We even closed early because we had almost nothing left to buy. The last 2 days have been crazy. People just going crazy for what was left. I had to kick a few people out of the blocked off areas because for some reason they thought there was product on the empty shelves and fixtures. Of course they can't read the signs that said AREA CLOSED on the fixtures that were blocking the area. Might as well just move them over and go in right.

Oh well, now I don't have to deal with all the craziness anymore. I work 3 more days next week to help clean up and that will be it. At least next week i don't have to deal with customers at all.

From context, it appears that your store was the Canadian branch of a U.S. retailer which recently announced that it would be closing all its Canadian stores - a large number of which were in former Zellers locations. This store's logo has perfect rotational symmetry.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You may be correct. LOL.

Bunch of savages in this town.

Comment

Now taking bets on how many customers will turn up the day AFTER it's closed and demand to be allowed in-'but you were letting people in YESTERDAY''....
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

The day after? Heck, they'll be turning up for months afterwards and banging on the doors shouting to be let in.....
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Will you be selling the fixtures? That will bring out another round of scavenger SCs. You'll have customers that recognize that retail fixtures are hella expensive and they're getting a great deal. And then you'll have the jerks who get all butthurt and offended when you don't fall all over yourselves accepting their pittance of an offering.

Back when media play closed, there was one group of SCs intent on taking everything from the backroom, even after it was made clear that only certain items were for sale. They managed to make off with a box of register tape, which included at least partial credit card information. And no, we didn't think that was an "accident"

I don't think the tape ACTUALLY had full CC details, but I canceled my card just in case. People suck.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
              The day after? Heck, they'll be turning up for months afterwards and banging on the doors shouting to be let in.....
              Plueeze . . . they'll be banging on the doors as you're stripping down the outside signage either asking

a) are you open?

b) are you taking applications?

B actually happened back when . . . Friday, May 26 2004 when I turned in my paperwork at WD Lawndale. The front windows had just been boarded up, all the remaining employees who were not transferring to what few stores were left had turned in their paperwork for their severance packages (myself included) and closing inventory had been completed a short while before (not much left to pack up and send out to the remaining stores - maybe 2 aisles full if that much.)

I'm outside having a smoke with a now former coworker and we both saw a car pull into the driveway and someone got out and had the nerve to ask if we were taking applications.

This was while the signage was being removed from the overhang on the outside of the store. You would have thought that the windows being boarded up and the signage being removed were clues.

Obviously not to that bright bulb.

So yeah, don't be surprised if they start calling Corporate to demand to know why you're not open, either.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

OY. I too also lived through a store closing recently. My favorite moment was the guy throwing a fit about how "nobody told him sales were final" while standing three feet in front of a sign with those words, which were also (btw) stamped on his receipt. I'd read such stories here but somehow didn't think they really happened.

We had a few feeding frenzies but it wasn't too bad. I managed to snag a really good winter coat for next year. I didn't have to stay after the doors closed to the public for the last time, so I didn't get to enjoy seeing people knocking and yelling while standing next to a "closed" sign.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

A lot of the fixtures have been sold already. Now to sell the rest and have people come in and pick up what they have already purchased.

It is just strange being there 2 years ago doing training, hiring, setting up the store and to have it come full circle and be there to take the store apart pretty much.

Comment

I recently went into a nearby Macys location that was closing. I didn't realize it was almost closed, as 90% of the store was empty, and they were just seliing what was left. I found what I had been looking for, and a couple other items, but honestly, I felt like a vulture. Everything was 80% off. So its my turn to pay, and i pay. i had already figured out about how much I was spending.

What made me sad was most folks see 80% off,and assume its a dollar. you want stuff for a dollar? Go to the dollar store. Was listening to one woman rant about how the men's $40 shirt she was buying should be less than the $8 it was. Um no. 80% off of $40 leaves $8. I felt badly for the staff.

Comment

I was manning the door to let people know we were closed, and sign people in to pick up or buy fixtures.

I understand that people don't know we are closed since it had just happened a couple days before but it was amazing how many people asked if they could go through to the mall from a CLOSED store. The other thing they asked was to use the washroom. Again, CLOSED store people. The washrooms are clean and I wanted to keep them that way.

Now the outside sign-age is all down but people still think we are open.

Comment

Working...
                      X