This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such a lovely day at work!

As a reminder, I work in a pharmacy (the "green" one). We had such a lovely day today, Friday April 10.

When I walked in at 1pm to start my 9 hour shift, I was greeted with the fact that the freezer had failed. Granted, we are not a grocery store, but we still have 15 feet of freezer with 5 shelves of product in each 3 feet. Oh joy. The repairman was there, thankfully, but by the time he discovered the problem and went to order the part, he had passed the cut-off for Monday delivery. That means there is no way the freezer can be repaired before Tuesday, April 14. Uh oh

Spent the next 6 hours unloading the freezer contents, scanning each item, putting it in bags and shopping carts, to carry to the compactor. This, in addition to helping customers, covering breaks for others, etc. During this 6 hour time frame, I personally lifted/hoisted/transported/chucked in the compactor 40 10-lb. bags of ice, as well as many many pizzas and frozen meals. But the ice cream, the ice cream was the worst. See by the time I got there, the temperature in the freezer was 34.6, so yeah, the ice cream was soup Trying to get those carton of ice cream off the freezer shelves and into a transportation vehicle (bag and cart) ended up with me being COVERED in ice cream. That always makes for a wonderful impression on the customers ... I looked like I had no hygiene knowledge at all!

What a lovely day. Oh and to top it off? The person assigned as cashier for the night was too sick (fake cough) to help and even too sick (fake cough) to stay. So that meant the person helping me had to become the cashier .... ergo why I had to tote so much of this by myself. Now before you say "well they might really have been sick" let me tell you that this person is always *too sick* on the nights when she has also worked her other job, which involves 3 hours of sitting at a desk job. So, no I'm not buying it - she's been pulling this every time she gets scheduled to work on the same days she has the other job for THREE weeks!

Gaahhhhhh.. Thank goodness I had the foresight to buy some wine yesterday. It was much enjoyed when I got home.

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
    What a lovely day. Oh and to top it off? The person assigned as cashier for the night was too sick (fake cough) to help and even too sick (fake cough) to stay. So that meant the person helping me had to become the cashier .... ergo why I had to tote so much of this by myself. Now before you say "well they might really have been sick" let me tell you that this person is always *too sick* on the nights when she has also worked her other job, which involves 3 hours of sitting at a desk job. So, no I'm not buying it - she's been pulling this every time she gets scheduled to work on the same days she has the other job for THREE weeks!
    And let me guess, there are no other applicants for the job so you're forced to keep this "employee" on the roster?

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      And let me guess, there are no other applicants for the job so you're forced to keep this "employee" on the roster?
      Oh how I wish it were so. No, the problem here is that our assistant manager thinks she can do no wrong. He doesn't believe what we tell him about her ... but then again, why should he? He doesn't work with her other than about once or twice a month. And because she knows he thinks she's perfect, on the few days that they do work the same shift, she is all up in his face showing him how she's done *this much work* and "what else can I do for you?" I hate it

Comment

Working...
      X