X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, it's jello

(Or jelly, as I would usually call it)

There is an ongoing mystery at the store where I work. Someone keeps dumping twin packs of the store's own brand, ready-to-eat raspberry jelly in the refuse bin of the disabled toilet (it even happened twice last Friday). I don't know if this person steals the jelly or pays for it, but whenever the pots are found, only a little of the jelly is missing out of each one. Why buy (or even steal) this stuff, only to throw most of it away?

What really puzzles me is that there's never any spoon found with the jelly - and when one of the packs was found on Friday, there was a disposable glove in there as well....
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Quoth Marmalady View Post
    What really puzzles me is that there's never any spoon found with the jelly - and when one of the packs was found on Friday, there was a disposable glove in there as well....
    Images I so didn't need....
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Yeeeah... "jelly" plus "disposable glove" plus "bathroom" is not conjuring up images I need in my head.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

OK, gross.

Weird AND gross.

Although relatively harmless, compared to some things customers do. But why do it at the store?? Unless that's part of the *ahem* thrill...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Nononono I did not need that image in my head!! My mind wandered a bit close to the gutter when you said it was in the bathroom, but the mention of the glove? Oh, damn I was full in and not enjoying it. You gots yourself a right perv there!

Comment

See... first thing that pops into my head is someone using the red to try and hide the fact they aren't pregnant...

Maybe I'm weird...

Comment

Maybe it's the same person who used to dump beans and macaroni outside of the trash cans at the library? (That happened on and off for a few years, and as far as I know, staff never figured out who was doing it, or why)

Comment

More jelly this morning. That's at least once a day, every day this week (to my knowledge).

Just what the blood and stomach pills is going on?
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I have this image of someone not knowing the difference between "jelly" and "spermicidal jelly" and thus using the wrong kind with a diaphragm or the like.

Won't they get a rude shock some day (if they don't get a yeast infection first)

Comment

Decline any offers of toast and jelly from them...
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

And yet again. This is seriously weird.

Comment

I think if you want to solve this mystery you should put exploding dye packs on the jello. The cashier can remove them once purchased. If the mystery jello violator(s) are paying then you may have to die wondering. But if someone comes out of the restroom covered in blue dye than at least you will know who to ask for an explanation
                        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Are there cameras available to maybe shed some light on this?
                          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                            Are there cameras available to maybe shed some light on this?
                            That's what I was wondering, or if maybe there was an idea as to what timeframe this is happening?

Comment

I assume these are the refrigerated Jellos, otherwise it would be interesting to move all the product temporarily to a location within sight of an employee. It's baffling. The person takes a small amount out of each container in the two pack? I just... Wha?
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                              X