Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does that particular lot even have assigned spaces? And/or was it full?
    Or was the guy just being a dick because someone was parked where he wanted to park?
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
      Does that particular lot even have assigned spaces? And/or was it full?
      Or was the guy just being a dick because someone was parked where he wanted to park?

I didn't see anything regarding assigned spots in the OP. My Theory is that either:

1) He was being possessive about that space the guy was using, and saw a way for him to get it for himself

2) He has had his car on the business end of Argbarga's truck a number of times, and wanted to see the hammer applied to someone else.

3) He is the self appointed watcher off all things in the parking lot, and felt like it was his job to get the car towed.
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        It's the same as people who think that speaking LOUDLY and SLOWLY will help a person who doesn't speak your language to understand what you're saying.
        In all fairness, if they speak a little bit it can help. I can't understand the rapid fire Spanish that native speakers use, but when they use simpler sentences, slow down, and enunciate I can usually get an idea of what they're asking for.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
          In all fairness, if they speak a little bit it can help. I can't understand the rapid fire Spanish that native speakers use, but when they use simpler sentences, slow down, and enunciate I can usually get an idea of what they're asking for.
          Yeah, the problem comes in when the idiots proceed to use "caveman English" when speaking loudly and slowly.

Because we all know English is already a pain in the ass to translate, completely changing the syntax in which you are speaking is a VERY GOOD PLAN in order to help someone understand you.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
            Interesting fact, they're not actually speaking Spanish any faster than you speak English, or any other language. We naturally don't pause when speaking, but because we know the language, our brain inserts the pauses between words for us. When we don't know the language, our brain doesn't know where to insert the pauses.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

There were (right up the factory moved and they retired) sweet little old ladies who had parked in the same spot in the parking lot for 40+ years where I work. Really interesting to chat with, cool local knowledge and the tendency to key the car of anyone who dared to park in "their" spot... New employees learned fast where not to park and what areas were safe.

Comment

With absolutely NO relevance to anything in this thread... http://cheezburger.com/7996140032

Comment

Quoth TheCheerfulTreeRat View Post
                  With absolutely NO relevance to anything in this thread... http://cheezburger.com/7996140032
                  I think someone found Arg's truck....
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                    I think someone found Arg's truck....
                    Nah. Arga's got the same plate, but with PA tags, not NY.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

As far as YOU know anyway
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

The funny part is, if it were me I'd have simply parked BEHIND the car parked in my space, blocking them in. Then, when they needed out I'd know, and could park my car. I'd tell them point blank, park there again, I do it again.

Comment

Working...
                        X