This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about these gems:

College dorm (among other bathroom tips): No TP rolls in toilet (don't ask)

Defunct local laundromat: May God bless you if your life is so hard that you have to STEAL our toilet paper and paper towels.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      What does it say about our society when we have to post signs with rules on how to properly use the restroom?!
      It means alot of people need to take remedial potty training all over again.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Yes, and Vancouver's "Chinatown" is bigger than some cities in China.
        It's a nice place, I went around there with two friends once on a day off. There's a nice garden in there and a gift shop.

We had to put up signs about a year ago that say in big bold print that you have to clean up the seat when you're done, not clog up the toilet with a ton of toilet paper, flush the toilet when you're done, wash your hands, and don't leave paper towels on the floor*. The people at my store are disgusting.
        100% accurate description of quite a few of the customers that I've cleaned up after. I had a coworker tell me about an encounter with a bathroom user that was both disgusting and slightly hilarious.

*Don't forget newspapers and newspaper flyers.
        Last edited by The Hurting; 01-25-2014, 08:00 AM.
        "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

I had a training course in a building that also took English as a Second Language courses.

The toilets had the following two sings:

- You must speak English in the toilets
          - One of those signs that showed the correct/incorrect way to use a toilet, similar to the below sign

the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Too funny.

(And a good time to remind people to strip their EXIF data out of pics before posting, if your camera attaches GPS info.)

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
              What does it say about society when even nurses can't use a restroom properly?

Seriously: someone clogged up the staff restroom with paper towels because Housekeeping hadn't gotten around to replacing the depleted toilet paper.
              Seen at a customer site a few years back (paraphrasing):

Sign on wall beside paper towel dispenser: Please don't flush paper towels down the toilet.

Graffiti under sign: If you supplied toilet paper, we wouldn't have to wipe our asses with paper towels.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'm always amazed when public restrooms have signs up telling women not to put their feminine hygiene products in the toilet.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                  I'm always amazed when public restrooms have signs up telling women not to put their feminine hygiene products in the toilet.
                  Some people can't be bothered to do that either.

Even worse is when they leave their mess in the floor of a fitting room (had a coworker come by the snack bar on her break and tell me about that one way back when I worked my first job at the department store,)

Just gross . . .
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

- One of those signs that showed the correct/incorrect way to use a toilet, similar to the below sign...
                    That's probably for the benefit of people who are used to squat toilets, which are still very common in the more backward parts of Asia. You're even likely to encounter them at least once if you visit Japan for any decent period of time, even though nearly every *other* toilet you find in Japan will probably include a robotic bidet. They are essentially one step up from an army latrine, in that they flush.

The correct method of using a squat toilet is very different from the Western method. Westerners encountering one would be well advised to plant their feet rather further forward (towards the drain) than their instincts suggest, and to steady themselves on the flush pipes (which will invariably be substantial enough for that) since their muscles won't be sufficiently developed to maintain balance in a true squat.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                      since their muscles won't be sufficiently developed to maintain balance in a true squat.
                      I found out about this practice from asking a Japanese friend why he squatted so much, when the rest of us were standing/crouching/kneeling. Made me chuckle that b/c they were so used to it from their commode design, they used the same posture in every other aspect of life - even waiting for a bus or train. It does make sense though; you can rest but nothing comes in contact with the ground.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
                        It means alot of people need to take remedial potty training all over again.
                        Not a bathroom issue but how about back when I was in college (and of the Catholic faith at the time) and before every single Mass they had to remind everyone to please turn off your cellphones (and this is back 10-12 years ago)? That makes me question society more than anything when you have to be reminded to do that before CHURCH.

Comment

Working...
                        X