Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. I don't get this at all. I had a meal a few weeks ago from a takeaway restaurant who are normally absolutely faultless. I got it home and it was, erm, not their best. Nothing tasted as good as it normally does so sadly about half of it was scraped into the bin. Do I threaten never to use them again? Not a chance! Deny myself of their normally amazing meals? Never!

In fact, I've even gone back since and ordered from them again and it was as good as it's ever been.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Hey! What happened to the steak from the display meal in the front window?
      Reminds me of the Kitchen Nightmares episode where they had a bunch of display desserts set up near the bathrooms. Then one of them disappeared. Cue panic.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
        Reminds me of the Kitchen Nightmares episode where they had a bunch of display desserts set up near the bathrooms. Then one of them disappeared. Cue panic.
        Wasn't me, I swear it.

*burp*

Okay, okay . . but it wasn't my fault . . . that slice of Dark Chocolate Truffle just jumped right into my plate!
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Twice so far at different steak restaurants my steak has come out done instead of medium rare. Both times the problem was fixed promptly. Mmm, steak.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Damnit now I want steak.

Comment

Don't know why, but this scene just popped into my not-quite-awake brain:

Waiter approaches a table of four. "What can I get you folks?"

WEREWOLF: "Garlic steak, please."
              FRANKENSTEIN: "Garlic steak, please."
              ZOMBIE: "Garlic steak, please."
              VAMPIRE: "I'll just have a salad."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Wow. If I were the manager, I wouldn't bother sending them anything. Something we've learned in this business, you can give them free stuff all you want, it won't stop them from going online and trashing you and they probably won't ever return. It isn't worth the effort.

Comment

First thought on seeing this thread:"Yay, CRML has a new post!"
                  Second thought: "oh dear, CRML has a new post."
                  Third thought: "What the ever-loving..."

If you don't like it, say something. I'm shy as hell, but I'll say something if it's not right. More than once I've even said "this is wrong, but don't worry because it's still acceptable. I just wanted you to know in case there's other miscommunications, and in case someone else might have also been given something wrong so you're forewarned."

But if you don't say anything when asked (and EVERYWHERE asks) if it's all to your satisfaction, then your choices are STFU & eat, or pick up drive-thru on the way home, 'cause you have abrogated all right to complain to that establishment.
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Waiter approaches a table of four. "What can I get you folks?"
                    ZOMBIE: "Garlic steak, please."
                    What no brains?
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                    X