This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Flood View Post
    Unless, of course, that t-shirt is wrapped around the head in the manner of a Shirt-Ninja.
    Valid point.

I also had two friends back in high school who were polar opposites in every way apart from their height and weight, which were nearly identical. They went as each other and we all got a good kick out of it, but in my high school everyone knew everyone, so it was a universally appropriate costume.
    "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

At my office we have two men named James (not their real names) who are somewhat similar in appearance, but wildly different in dress and mannerisms.

One year, one of the Jameses came as the other James. It was perfect, and pretty much everyone in the office knew what he was doing right off.

From the annals of my super-cheap, didn't have time for a costume childhood, I once went as The Unknown Comic. Talk about easy. I had a men's leather jacket, a paper bag with eyeholes, and a handful of truly awful jokes.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
        Unless, of course, that t-shirt is wrapped around the head in the manner of a Shirt-Ninja
        My best friend actually once went not just as a Shirt-Ninja, But as "Greg Dean, Shirt-Ninja," including finding an identical shirt. Unfortunately, there were so many Shirt Ninjas around that nobody realized.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I usually work in an environment where a costume would be impractical, but I still put forth a bit of effort:

I take a good sized cardboard rectangle, poke a hole in the top two corners, through which I thread a string, then, using a black marker write in what I am, such as "Werewolf," "Vampire," or "Zombie."

I figure if I'm going to half-ass it, it should at least be funny.

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
            Ok so I had to work a HUGE Halloween party over the weekend with over 5000 people. Everyone was supposed to be in a costume. So I am starting this thread so everyone can what they have seen people in costumes that so totally can not be classified as a costume.

My biggest costume pet peeve of the weekend is . . . . . .the girls that wear nothing but a bra and underwear. Did a miss a memo somewhere stating that the top costume of the year is a Victoria Secret model? I guess it is a cheap costume, but there are some people that just should not dress like that no matter what.

Same goes for guys running around in boxers.

Everyone share your comments on the worst costumes you have seen this year.
            They'd better be doing The Timewarp for that sort of costume.
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

As a tom-boy, it takes a heck of a lot to get me to wear even a skirt. One year, I went with full-blown make-up, a dress, hose and heels. I told everyone I was dressed up as "a Human Female."
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I always have my old reliable for my Halloween costume: My Renn Faire outfit! LOL ... I'm a wench, of course.

I went to a Halloween party at one of the local bars - I was the only wench there. I almost didn't go though, out of my 4 bodices, only 1 fit!!! I need to get skinny again.

Comment

completely off topic
                  Me and some friends where looking at costumes because well we are weird and we all describe our selfs as a certain character pirate (O) Witch (me) Elven warrioress (A). And im just randomly pulling up larp supple sites and renn costume sites.
                  and i saw a costume that made me fall over laughing.
                  Why?
                  because the costume wasn't a wench costume, in fact it was like victorian high lady costume.
                  But the person who either dressed the model, or design the costume knew nothing at all about clothing from the area. Cause the tucked in the corner of the dress.
                  Im on the floor giggling about the slammerkin outfit and they dont see any thing wrong, and i have to explain it.
                  you really dont want to dress up like a whore unless well you want to...

Comment

I haven't seen any weird costumes yet, but I'm sure I will at work tomorrow. I'm dressing up as Penny Pingleton from 'Hairspray'.
                    "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

Comment

Worst one ever was this guy who turned up dressed in weird brown clothes to a Halloween party once. Brown trousers, brown shirt and brown shoes. No-one had a clue what he was meant to be; and no-one dared ask him... cept for me, of course. He just gave me a look as tho I'd just kicked his puppy and said, "I'm a chocolate bar, of course." Of course, silly me.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

One damn good one from this year:

- Black Death-type cloak with ratty brown rags, tattered and such.
                        - All-white face paint except for around the eyes and nose and lips, which were black.
                        - Pair of binoculars.

What was he? The Grim Peeper.

Unfortunately, due to stupid University policy, full face paint isn't allowed even if you can recognize the person underneath, for fear of people not being recognized... Thus he had to wash off his whole face before he could get into any University buildings.

Couple more notables:

Props to the Mario/Luigi duo, but the Peach costume who was with them was the single worst attempt at a Peach costume I've ever seen, so she gets for screwing up the set.

Finally, hats off to the guy who went as a blind ref, since it was costume night at our University hockey game and the refs lived up to his portrayal.
                        "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Tha majority of chicks use Halloween to flaunt their assets. They take advantage of the whole costume idea. Yeah, the nurse costume was cute when you were seven.
                          "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                          -FSTDT

Comment

Then I'm not in the majority seeing as I wear like 3 layers of craps...

Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                              Having attended the Exotic Erotic Ball in San Francisco many years ago (first marriage, before the kids), I have seen naked as a costume.

My first husband took me as he said I should see it once in my life -- he had first attended it when it was still the Hookers Ball.

I counted at least four naked men. None of them I would check out twice. But one of them boasted a full erection as he walked by. My husband said, "Well, his costume won't last all night." Which led to everyone in hearing distance doubling over in laughter.
                              Is it just me, or is there something creepy about a naked guy walking around with an erection?
                              Total surrender
                              Your touch is so tender
                              Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                              And it brings me relief
                              "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

since the topic is Halloween costumes, I'm going to take a moment to rant. I have a couple of high-quality costumes I rotate through and have for years. But thanks to some movies in the past decade, I'm considering getting rid of them. When I dress up techno-goth, people assume I'm Trinity from the Matrix. When I dress up in my elf costume (patchwork leather and suede), everyone says 'oh, you're Peter Pan.' And I'm sorely tempted to shake them and yell, "YOUR MINDLESS POP CULTURE MOVIES DID NOT INVENT THIS. THE WORLD DID EXIST BEFORE THE CINIMA." I mean, ok, I'm not really mad, I just get really annoyed that once a movie comes out that uses a particular style or look, people think anything that even vaguely resembles it MUST be connected.
                                /end rant

on the other hand, my sister and I went to a halloween party last night and were astounded at some of the costumes. I think my favorite was either the guy who dressed up as a Kissing Booth, or the girl who was a Salem Witch (she had a noose around her neck, held up with a wire).
                                What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

Working...
                                X