This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrassCowboy-
    Honestly, I'm pretty good at sales but I probably wouldn't have gotten the job either. I'm no good at role playing scenerios. Just put me on the floor with the product and I'll sell it for pete's sake!

I get a whole different mindset when I'm actually with a customer than pretending I'm with one.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

For my current job, I had to sell a horrible black and white bic pen. It was kind of hard, but I'm good at sales so I was able to do nicely.
      When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

When I was interviewing for Security at the mall, some of the questions where:

~Have you ever committed a crime and didn't get caught?

~Have you ever lied?

~Have you ever murdered anyone?

~Have you ever done illegal drugs?

~Where you spanked as a child?

These questions were all done by an automated telephone system. Where you pushed 1 for yes and 2 for no and 3 for refuse to answer.

I was in there doing the biggest in the world.
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
          Well, they might weed out a few stupid criminals with that one, although I can't imagine the stupid ones getting away with a crime.

~Have you ever lied?
          Doesn't everyone?

See reply to first question.

That one is just plain creepy, although I guess it would be worse if they asked if you had been spanked as an adult.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
            BrassCowboy-
            Honestly, I'm pretty good at sales but I probably wouldn't have gotten the job either.
            The funny thing is: it was a pizza place, not a commision-type store.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

I had a question on a job application once that said, "Would you ever steal from this store?" I wanted to answer, "Yes, but you'll never catch me! Hahaha!!" Seriously, did they actually think that by asking this they'd be able to weed out thieving employees?

Another time I was doing a computer application for a well-known department store. It had about 50 questions on it. The first ones were pretty normal but as you got closer to question 50 they started asking off the wall questions like "What's 2+2?" and "What color is the sky?" I guess they were just trying to make sure you were paying attention.....

Comment

I had to take a short phone "morals" survey for music store hell. For my new job - I had to take a written fill in the dot with a pencil 45 minutes paper test.
                Lines in purple are what I was thinking as I was answering....

Some of the questions were:
                *Have you ever physically assaulted your boss? (Is bear making that stressful??)
                *When was the last time you've gotten into a physical altercation with a co-worker? (I wonder if thinking about it counts...)
                *Do you have mood swings? (Duh! I'm a woman, and that's rude to ask!)
                *When is the last time you have taken drugs? (Didn't specify legal or illegal...so I'm on Nexium for heartburn - how do I answer? I'll go with it meaning illegal...)
                *Would you prefer to sit at home and read or go out with friends? (But I love books! Depends on where they're going and who is going. Gah.)
                *Have you ever told a lie? (How can anyone say no to this?)
                *Are you lying now? (Damn this test is long)
                *If you received a dollar in a national sweepstakes that you didn't earn - would you go through the trouble of sending it back? (Wait, there's no are you freaking kidding me dot to fill in...)
                *Do you think people are basically good? (What does this have to do with stuffed animals?)

I must've did something right b/c I got the job.
                If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Quoth Luna View Post
                  *Are you lying now?
                  But if you answer "Yes" to this question, you're answering it truthfully. But if you're answering truthfully, then you're not lying. But if you're not lying, then you didn't answer the question truthfully. If you didn't answer the question truthfully, then you're lying. If you're lying...

Aw, crap! I think my brain just went into a loop!
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

If you answer "Yes" then there is only one conclusion (liar).
                    If you answer "No" then there is two conclusion. You could still be lying or be telling the truth, which makes it a bad question to find the truth
                    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Let's see here. Gods, there's several.

1.) Why did your father move around so much?
                      2.) Can you hold down a job for more than X ammount of time?
                      3.) Did your father become disabled through his own doing?

there were more from this guy, to which I finally stood up looked him dead in the eye and said quote. "F*** you. Look, I don't need this f***ing job if all you're going to do is ask about my dad. He's not here applying for this you stupid b****** so, why don't you just f****** call him and ask these d*** questions? I'm going to report your f****** a** to the department of labor, and I hope they fine you!" I stormed out, slammed his office door and then did report him. And yes, they did fine him. Severely.

Stupid but funny questions:

Have you ever killed anyone?
                      If so, have they found the body?
                      Were you convicted for this?
                      How much time did you serve?
                      When were you released?
                      Did you escape?
                      Have you ever taken illicit drugs?
                      What were their effects?
                      Do you take them regularly?
                      Do you sell them?
                      If so, where do you sell them?
                      Can you read a map?
                      Do you get lost easily?
                      Do you speak english?
                      If not, can you read english? (These two were in english only.)
                      Can you read?
                      Can you write?
                      Are you blind? (I kid you not. This was on there.)

The prior questions were on an application to be a Georgia State Trooper.
                      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Well, since it's up....

Jaywalking count?
                        ~Have you ever lied?

Sorry, bored.
                        Last edited by Tria; 08-27-2006, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Amusingly enough, I was asked not only my own religion, but my mother and father's religion(s) on my last job application. Apparently that's legal here, although why on earth they want to know I couldn't say. (And I doubt anyone understood my response, as I put 'NOYB' =None of Your Business)
                          Arsenic is 'natural'. Hemlock is 'organic'.

Comment

Quoth Jpurple View Post
                            Amusingly enough, I was asked not only my own religion, but my mother and father's religion(s) on my last job application. Apparently that's legal here, although why on earth they want to know I couldn't say. (And I doubt anyone understood my response, as I put 'NOYB' =None of Your Business)
                            From what I'm told, that's perfectly legal in certain situations. Like, if you are applying to work at a Christian Book store, they're allowed to ask that.
                            Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                              Well, since it's up....

Sorry, bored.
                              I would say, "No but I'm a quick learner."
                              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

In an interview, I was actually asked, "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?"

On an application, "Do you ride a motorcycle?"
                                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                                HR believes the first person in the door
                                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                                Document everything
                                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                                X