This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High white blood cell count

I have a theory about why I’ve got a high white blood cell count, and that is when I had my high tibial osteotomy done, I had screws and other hardware inserted on my tibia. I have a feeling that my cell count is high because of that hardware, and have found that since that surgery, I’ve been more susceptible to colds. I have no idea if these are actually related, or if it’s purely coincidental. Is it possible to have this type of reaction to this?

White blood cells are the ones that should be fighting your colds, so you may have cause and effect reversed. However, if your new hardware isn’t being appreciated by your body’s defenses, that might mean that the cells that should be fighting the infections are busying themselves with the impossible task of fighting the unyielding metals instead.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

The reason I came to the conclusion I did is because my hardware was installed in January 2015, and I started having the high white blood cell count afterwards. My gp noticed it last year, and tested for leukemia, which I do not have. In the year since, I’ve gotten sick 7 or 8 times, twice with the flu, several times with colds, and the cold I have now, I’ve had for 2 weeks straight, and am not getting better.

So my thought is exactly what you stated; that they’re trying to fight metal instead of buggies.

Comment

Working...
      X