This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Emrld View Post
    you have to remember some of these people really don't want the job . . . they have to prove they are applying to places to keep getting our hard earned money given to them
    I see your point. Yes, I do.

But are you implying that people are applying everywhere and anywhere to get welfare?

I know that you have to fill out at least two applications a week to get your unemployment benefits from the great state of WI... Not that they ever checked in on that, but I kept a list of every place I applied at.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Note I had the word "some" in my comment. Sorry about the confusion.
      I do not think that all of the people who are not dressed/ groomed/ behave properly don't want the job. Just that some people are only applying to have proof that they tried.
      And actually it isn't just about welfare/ un-employment either. Some people have others in their lives that they have to attempt to find work to appease when they really don't want to work at all. (yes, that is a can of worms for another day)

Comment

I know a guy who has a strange hatred of background checks, thinks they should be illegal, etc (well if you don't have a record what's the issue?). He's also opposed to credit checks because "i don't believe in credit [cards]" (I think he believes that a credit rating is the same as a credit card)
        Quoth ajr1971 View Post
        "if you can't hire me I'm not going to bother coming down to fill out an application".
        That's basically the same thing he says!

I get laughed at ("Well, that may be what you think, but...") when I try to tell him that employers need BG/credit checks now...
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-15-2007, 04:59 PM.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

depending on how long ago it was, I may hire an arsonist, especially if the circumstances were "mother fucker wouldn't give me a job" LOL

if it had been 7 years or more, that's usually how far back they go, and they had a squeaky clean record since, it would be safe to assume that the problem is corrected

Comment

Working...
          X