X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest Flight Attendants HILARIOUS pre-flight announcement

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226884968591

So the annoucement is a little hard to hear because she speaks that fast and her accent is a tad thick, but I caught some of it.

Basically she managed to interlace the bog-standard flight announcement with some humour, resulting in the passengers cracking up Some of the key highlights:

-The life jackets were called "teeny bikinis"
    -It was a "no smoking, no whining, no complaining" flight with her mentioning that if passengers woud like to pay $2000 for their airfare, they should've flown with someone else (ie the cost of the fine)
    -When it comes time for the oxygen mask bit, she tells passengers to "stop screaming, let go of their neighbour" and then descends into the safety bit.
    -The cost of oxygen is 75c for the first minute...(the rest can't be heard over the laughter)
    -If you're travelling with small children...we're sorry.
    -If you're travelling with multiple small children, pick the one with the most earning potential.

Luckily the passengers took this one in good humour!

What makes this one a Crowning Moment of Funny is the fact that she goes through the ENTIRE speech like it's just another day at the office
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I'm SO glad SW gives them the latitude to do this - I've seen a couple from them. Beyond the fact that it puts a smile on your face, the change up from the usual patter may make some people pay a little more attention than they usually do.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      I'm SO glad SW gives them the latitude to do this - I've seen a couple from them. Beyond the fact that it puts a smile on your face, the change up from the usual patter may make some people pay a little more attention than they usually do.
      Wait, SW have no issue with this?!

Right, we need to clone these bosses.

And it definitely had me giggling.

Comment

My family flies almost exclusivly SW now for this reason. One flight the attendant asked everyone to move to one side so it looked like we were full up for the terminal. The jokes aren't scripted becuase every flight has been different. *note* Sick grandparents 800 miles away means lots of plane trips.

Comment

Well I guess it makes the flight attendants day better if they can have a little fun with their jobs.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            Wait, SW have no issue with this?!

Right, we need to clone these bosses.

And it definitely had me giggling.
            When Independence Air (Fly-I, I think they were called) was around, they did something similar. Granted, it was a pre-recorded message, but it injected a lot of humor into things and broke up the monotony of air travel.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

West Jet had a "shtick" where at the end of the flight, the stewardess said that if you married her, you'd be able to fly for free - but she expected a minimum 1 carat diamond. On one flight, I brought along a KBC Tools flyer, folded open to the proper page, and handed it to a flight attendant saying "be careful what you ask for". What was the proper page? The one showing 20% off single-point dressers (for grinding wheels). Yep, those use diamonds, and the biggest one listed (5 carats) was around $100. Nobody said anything about GEM-QUALITY diamonds.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Southwest is awesome - I remember this guy rapping from a while back and it always brings a smile to my face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYA_ivyj3kE
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  When Independence Air (Fly-I, I think they were called) was around, they did something similar. Granted, it was a pre-recorded message, but it injected a lot of humor into things and broke up the monotony of air travel.
                  I've mentioned it before, but Savers (I think they're called value village over yonder) have a prerecorded message that asks you, among other things, to not set your trolleys on fire or toboggan them down a steep hill.

I also watched the rapping flight attendant. Given I'll be flying in a few weeks time, I'm tempted to ask them if they'll do it. On the last flight I did, they brought up all the kids under 12 and painted their faces, before getting our attention and having the kids do a little fashion parade down the aisle of the plane
                  Last edited by fireheart; 04-25-2014, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X