This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lusers and their computers

So, I sent an email out, hoping to get two more computers pushed out. I got a reply, and headed over at the set time, to switch the old computers with the new computers. The one person in the office at the time was not getting a new computer. Thus, I was set to ignore him, as he's had IT related blowups before and is a character best ignored.

I was getting files copied on one machine while my work study student was prepping the new machine. The idjit blasted in "Excuse me, but what do you think you're doing?" That's the "Do you work here?" of the IT world.

I said, "I'm setting up ***'s new computer."

"Well, I never heard anything about it." And why would you?

"I emailed *** today, and she said it would be best to do it now."

"Well, I had asked you before and you said we couldn't keep the old computers." Actually, I said you had to email bossman, and he would see if you could get newer computers for your work study students, thank you and shut up. "You were supposed to wait until (his boss) gave an okay." Actually, no. You, or *** asked me if you could move the old computers to set up for student use. I said that was bossman's call. You never said anything about waiting.

We left the new computers there, and I came back and reported to bossman. Bossman said to bring those new computers back. So we did. When we went back *** was there. When she realized we were taking back the new shiny computers, SHE started pitching a fit. Mainly to the idjit. So she came over to me. "Couldn't you set up my new computer and take the old one until we figure this out?

"Sure I can." After all, that's what I came over here to do in the first place. So *** goes over to idjit, and asks the same thing.

"Because they won't give us the same ones back." Actually, if it was approved, we would, we would just remove the massive memory upgrade we gave ***, so her ***3*** weather apps, and webshots background would work!

I'm substantially pissed, and it's not helping anything right now.

Jenni
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!
Working...
X