This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No pants" rule?

Not a gripe, just an interesting thing that came in on a customer last night at work. Boxer shorts.

These two girls (who look like they're barely 18) come in and sit in the bar because they want to smoke. Whatever, that's cool. One's got a tiny little skirt on and the other (a regular actually) has on a white tank top and boxer shorts. Not baggy, men's boxers, these look like they're a size or two too small for her! They weren't "tight" in the sense that jeans that are too small are tight, but they weren't exactly how I like my boxers...when I sleep in them!

I wonder if she knew she became the laughing stock of the restaurant in the time that she was there. I mean, if you go anywhere in boxers (regardless of whether or not you've got anything underneath them) you gotta expect some kind of attention. Right?

After she came in, I went back to one of my managers and said,
    "I have a question that's gonna sound kinda stupid. I know we've got a 'no shirt, no shoes' rule, do we have a 'no pants' rule?"
    She laughed and asked, "You're talking about 91 [table number]?"

Yeah, nobody cared that she didn't have pants on (or that the boxers were her pants), but boy did we have fun in the kitchen until she left. I asked one of the male servers if he would ever go anywhere in just his boxers (he hadn't seen the girl yet) and he burst out laughing with a resounding "no".

Just another thing that only seems to happen on Monday nights...
    Love is admiration without envy, familiarity without contempt, and chocolate without asking.

I asked one of the male servers if he would ever go anywhere in just his boxers (he hadn't seen the girl yet) and he burst out laughing with a resounding "no".
    Well, when I was in high school yet, I had a guy in my gym class who must've forgot his gym uniform or something, because he was begging the teacher to let him go through class in his boxers.

I guess the teacher must've said yes, because he then loudly asked for a safety pin "so my weenie won't be hanging out the barn door".
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well, going through high school, it wasn't really too odd seeing girls walk around in boxers. It's something girls would do every now and then. Didn't surprise us.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

yeah, in my high school days (class of 1990), wearing boxers for girls was the rage. So was big hair. Both were stupid. I just hope it isn't making a comeback like bell bottoms
        Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

I'm getting old. Things have really changed!!!
          I wouldn't leave my house other than to get my newspaper out of the driveway in boxer shorts LOL!

Comment

Quoth Greenday
            Well, going through high school, it wasn't really too odd seeing girls walk around in boxers. It's something girls would do every now and then. Didn't surprise us.
            ah, then this would be why it amused me so much. I was homeschooled all up through high school until I was 16, then went to the community college. No boxers there, except sticking out over the baggy pants on the guys. The only person walking around in boxers at my "high school" would have been my dad or my brother
            Love is admiration without envy, familiarity without contempt, and chocolate without asking.

Comment

Yeah, in the early 90s it was the rage for girls to wear guy's clothing. I guess because I live in Florida, seeing folks half-dress don't surprise me anymore.
              I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

It was really funny in my high school. Many girls would wear clothing in the winter that you would likely see on a prostitute in the summer. They would then bitch about how cold it was in the building. It was even better when it was 0 F outside and we had a fire alarm. They where like a heard of cows, their butts to the wind, chewing their cud (gum), all the while complaining how cold it was outside. Meanwhile, those of us who dressed for the weather wren't that bad off. The goths had it the best (All the goths at my school where cool people.) since they had the nice warm coats. I always wore a light felt jacket with a hood around school since the admins kept the temp on the low side. It was still cold, but nothing I couldn't handle.
                "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind
                  Yeah, in the early 90s it was the rage for girls to wear guy's clothing. I guess because I live in Florida, seeing folks half-dress don't surprise me anymore.
                  I wish I didn't have to see most of the women that dress in half-dress down here. Ewww. Lady, you weigh twice as much as I do. Why do you think spandex and a halter top would look good on you?
                  Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Wearing boxers in public...FINALLY there is something to beat the jammie pants in public...
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
                      Wearing boxers in public...FINALLY there is something to beat the jammie pants in public...
                      exactly what I thought! It looked like she just rolled out of bed and decided to go out to eat without getting dressed first. I could understand that if it were morning, but it was around six in the evening! I knew society would get to the point when just wearing underwear in public would be an acceptable thing, but I didn't think it would be so soon...This goes to show how classy my area/clientel is

Comment

Working...
                      X