This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *cries*

We get paid fortnightly. I just checked my bank & I've only been paid for 1 week. Turns out they just took out a weeks' pay for a whole week of unpaid sick leave - from the start of July
    Next couple weeks are going to be a pain!
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

reminds me of the time my boss made a mistake in deductions for about 3 months (wasn't a large amount per cheque, so I didn't notice at the time)... figured it out somehow and deducted it from the cheque I was planning to use to buy new car tires. Thing is, he didn't tell me! About half of my pay was missing.

Needless to say, he got an earful, and I've been figuring out my own paycheque since.

Comment

They just took that out now?? Sounds like you're working for my last employer ... who still hasn't paid me for my final two shifts. Which were in June.

Hang in there.

Comment

deducted it from the cheque
        Navy loves to do that too.

Get overpaid? Don't worry we'll just take it out of your next check. Even if you end up getting nothing.

One of my instructors said it happened to him, he'd gotten a per-diem bonus he didn't trust. So he stored it in savings. When he got to his next command, they wanted to take it out of his pay, but couldn't refuse his offer of full payment. (even tho it meant more paperwork for them)

Comment

I had an issue with my company, tuition reimbursement, and taxes. There's some silly IRS law that if a class doesn't have anything to do with your job, which the one I was taking, didn't, you have to pay tax on it. So it would be the responsibility of my HR and payroll depts. to figure that out, and act accordingly. HOWEVER, "something fell threw the cracks" which I call BS on; as we had recently let go our benefits person and I suspect her incompetence was part of the reason. So I was suddenly liable for a huge chunk of taxes, when gthere were only about 4 paychecks left in the year, and it HAD to come out that year. So for 2 pay cycles, I had a bout 1/2 my check deducted to cover that. I didn't disagree I owed the tax, but had they figured it out 4 months earlier, when they should have, it wouldn't have been an issue.

thankfully, I had just moved, and my security I got back was about what I was missing, so while I couldn't pay something else off I counted on, I could pay my bills.

Comment

Working...
          X