This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More people who ignore signs!

Background: In the changing rooms at the gym I attend, there are quite prominent signs asking people to close locker doors after themselves to avoid accidents. The locker doors are wood and pretty thick & heavy.

At the gym earlier, I'd finished my workout & headed back into the changing rooms, past a group of women who were stood with their coats on & bags in hand gossiping away and noticed several locker doors stood wide open, lockers empty. As I had to go past I went to close a couple; a member of staff was coming in the opposite direction with the same idea.

I made a jokey comment to her that some of the people who attend the gym must have some horrible accidents & bumped heads at home if they left doors open there like they did at the gym, staff member chuckled & agreed

Then I turned round to get to my locker and.... cat butt faces! It appeared that the gossiping ladies had a guilty conscience about something More looks when I had to say "excuse me" as they were stood in front of my locker gossiping

It seems that illiteracy is a large problem in my town judging by the amount of people that can't read & attend that gym. There are bright red stickers on the treadmills and 5 foot high bright red posters opposite the treadmills, both ask that the user makes sure the machine has come to a complete halt before moving away from it to avoid accidents.
    So, you'd think there'd never be an unattended treadmill running there wouldn't you...... Ha ha </Nelson>

There are also nice big signs in the pool & shower entrance to the changing rooms that request that people should towel dry before entering the changing room.
    Several times in a day, the staff have to come in, mop up & leave wet floor signs out & I get wet socks from puddles at least once a week You can guarantee its usually the larger ladies in a swim dress that walk straight out of the pool to the lockers to retrieve a towel that they should have taken through with them that are the main culprits too!
    I'm not knocking large ladies here, I'm one of them, but I know how to read dammit!

One thing though, I really don't want to know what prompted them to put up signs in the pool & sauna area that state that the use of razors and shaving equipment is forbidden in that area
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

I was so glad a while back when the pool at the gym was closed for a couple of weeks while they updated it. That meant a couple of glorious weeks not only without the hordes of naked old women in the locker-room who insist on standing around gossiping nude for long periods of time after water aerobics class before dressing, but most of all it meant no more huge puddles and safety concerns of people slipping and falling.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

At my old gym, and the reason I stopped going in the mornings, was that they had changing rooms, but despite signs all over asking people NOT to leave their stuff in them, people still did, which meant no one else could use them when they were done showering and needing to dress.

Myself included, and i was not comfortable standing out in the open, in my altogether, to get dressed. not to mention trying to balance my stuff on the narrow bench, rather than being able to use the changing stall, which had hooks and a bench.

Comment

EEEewwwwww.....Shaving in the pool? Guess it had to have happened for the sign to but put up. I only saw a sign like this by a hot tub once.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Here's a suggestion (that could land me in fratching land): Since all these people do the opposite of what the signs say, how about one at the pool saying "No Diving" - given that most gym's pools aren't deep enough. Before long, this problem should take care of itself....

Okay, okay -- I'm kidding. But it does sound like "opposite gym."
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
            At my old gym, and the reason I stopped going in the mornings, was that they had changing rooms, but despite signs all over asking people NOT to leave their stuff in them, people still did, which meant no one else could use them when they were done showering and needing to dress.

Myself included, and i was not comfortable standing out in the open, in my altogether, to get dressed. not to mention trying to balance my stuff on the narrow bench, rather than being able to use the changing stall, which had hooks and a bench.
            Personally, I pick up the stuff, put it on the bench outside the door, and get dressed. If they start yelling at me, I am happy to state loudly and firmly "1. The signs state you are not permitted to leave your junk in the room. 2. If you are unable to read the signs, there are plenty of people including staff, who will happily tell you what they say. 3. If anyone should have to get dressed outside the rooms, it should be the inconsiderate jerks who think they are too important to follow rules."

People call me a bitch when I do that. I thank them for the compliment. It confuses them mightily.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
              Personally, I pick up the stuff, put it on the bench outside the door, and get dressed. If they start yelling at me, I am happy to state loudly and firmly "1. The signs state you are not permitted to leave your junk in the room. 2. If you are unable to read the signs, there are plenty of people including staff, who will happily tell you what they say. 3. If anyone should have to get dressed outside the rooms, it should be the inconsiderate jerks who think they are too important to follow rules."
              This. This so very much.

It's kind of the same principle (only with more nudity) as the inconsiderate yahoos who leave their clothes in one of the apartment complex washers for hours on end (and yes, I've timed them before). They get maybe five minutes after their load ends, and then I'm booting it to the table. You don't want me seeing/handling your negligee? Set a timer so you know when to come back down for your clothes! And for the love of all that is holy, don't start a load and then go spend three+ hours running errands. Other people have to use the machines too.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
              X