This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not the delusional one here

My husband and I went to an AWESOME concert tonight with a bunch of indie bands. However, on the way we ran into a real weirdo.

We take public transit and after getting off the train, we had to catch a bus the rest of the way. I knew it was coming soon so I looked up to look down the road. I was clearly leaning forward looking around everyone and not at anyone. However, one guy I could see in my peripheral vision looked over at me like I was looking at him and clearly thought I was checking him out. At this point, I knew nothing more about him than that he was wearing his red knit hat really weird so it pointed up on his head. He looked me over and dropped this gem:

"OH, NAW, NAW, YOU AIN'T THAT SEXY!"

Well, he wasn't exactly hot stuff himself. He wasn't the type I'd be checking out even if I was single.

I slipped my arm into my husband's (who happens to think I'm pretty hot) and went back to looking for the bus, making it even more clear than ever that I wasn't looking at him. I could still see him keep looking over at me, though.

The bus arrives and this same idiot barges BETWEEN me and my husband. Oh, hell no. I stepped around him and grabbed my husband's arm again. No way he's separating us! Especially after his little outburst.

Undaunted, he just proceeds to cut in front of the guy ahead of us, who was already climbing the step into the bus. Sir Douche here is really racking up the points. Everybody just lets it go and we board peacefully.

Everything is fine until he suddenly halfway through the ride decides he's not happy in his seat and stands. I could see he spotted us. I subtly let my husband know and he's watching the guy like a hawk while I look "out" the window. In reality, the reflection in the window let me keep a pretty good eye on him. He kept staring at the two of us.

I'm wondering if he was drunk or high or something. After the point where he stood up, he was constantly talking to himself and he pulled he cord twice for stops he didn't get off at. I wasn't really scared until he got off the same stop as us right behind us. Thankfully, he went the other direction down the street.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

There are guys out there whose MO is throwing a subtle or not so subtle insult out there to a woman they find attractive. The goal is to erode her confidence so that she will be more eager to "be attractive" for him, if you get my drift.

A similar thing happens when guys say "You seem pretty close minded" or "prudish" or "innocent" or whatever it is they want you to try and prove them wrong about.

You can imagine what "men" like this think of women.

Comment

All I can say is that there are a LOT of mentally ill people who ride busses.

A LOT.

A WHOLE LOT.
      Women can do anything men can.
      But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
      Maxine

Comment

Sounds like a nutcase, possibly on drugs. I speak from 30+ years experience of using buses and trains (sigh).
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

RK, I've definitely gotten the latter ones, but then, most people would consider me "prudish". Definitely never impressed me to call me that, though. Thank you for putting "men" in quotes. That totally says it all!

Sparky and MoonCat...yeah, I know. I'll still take it over driving a car, though! I drove a car for years and I'm happy just to let someone else handle it. Scan my card and go. Being in a car never shielded me from the idiots since they would come right up to my window.
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            There are guys out there whose MO is throwing a subtle or not so subtle insult out there to a woman they find attractive. The goal is to erode her confidence so that she will be more eager to "be attractive" for him, if you get my drift.

A similar thing happens when guys say "You seem pretty close minded" or "prudish" or "innocent" or whatever it is they want you to try and prove them wrong about.

Sadly, this sort of thing is only done because there are times it works!

Comment

I kind of suspected that's why they do that.

Or when they say, "You must be a lesbian". No, I like guys. I just don't like YOU.
              Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Quoth Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post

Or when they say, "You must be a lesbian".
                To which I say "I sure as hell am now."

Comment

Quoth Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post

Or when they say, "You must be a lesbian". No, I like guys. I just don't like YOU.
                  To which I say "I sure as hell am now."
                  Or "No, I like men. Don't bother trying until you are one"
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
                  X