This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark Courtesy

I overheard this one yesterday between a government attorney and an attorney representing a developer.

The developer had been trying to do something that was not in line with a statute, and the government was not bending its rules to accommodate the developer. The developer’s attorney had been trying to find a "legal loop hole", but the government’s attorney was not going along with him in the wild interpretation/twist of the statute the developer's attorney was proposing. The developer’s attorney was clearly frustrated when this one happened.

Developer Attorney: All these delays and negotiations are costing my client a FORTUNE in attorney’s fees.

Government Attorney: You’re welcome!

The attorney for the developer actually did crack a slight smirk at that one, but then said it wasn't funny.

(And before anyone starts to think I was "fratching" with the reference to sharks, I was not. It is a very common term attorneys call themselves as they are in one of the few non-sport professions in which its members will openly attack other members.)
    Last edited by South Texan; 02-19-2011, 03:07 PM.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

LOL Unofficially it was fun...

Comment

Yeah, I got told that "professional courtesy" joke by my brother.

The attorney . . .
      Last edited by morgana; 02-21-2011, 03:02 PM. Reason: to prevent misunderstanding

Comment

One of my uncles is an attorney and we send him lawyer jokes. Not as much now as when he first passed the bar (on his first try. Go Uncle Jedi!), but every now and again we find a good one. I might have to send him this one.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
        X