Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate people who ask you nosy questions and then say you're rude for not answering...but those two old ladies must have been deaf as well!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Andara, my dad's half sister and my grandmother were also natural blondes, but their hair eventually turned platinum once they were older......not grey and not really white, but like that Playboy bunny platinum blonde color.

I'm just leaving my hair alone (save for highlights or undertones) until I get older, in case it goes grey instead of platinum. I'm terrified of aging as it is, but things are looking pretty hopeful.....my mom doesn't even have a single grey in her hair and she's just a few years from 50.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'm starting to see the odd, singular, white hair among my chocolate tresses. I can't wait for the day it ALL goes white. Because the white hairs I see are SHINY, actually metallic shiny and it's neat. And once they're all white I can start dying it bright colors. Can't do that now because if I bleach my hair it doesn't turn pale, it turns orange. I'm a closet redhead.
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

After awhile my answer to "Is that your real hair color?" became "Yes,want me to prove it?"

as in "the carpets match the drapes"
          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            My grandmother was blond until the day she died.

She considered dyeing it white/grey about once a month because nobody in her circles would believe it was natural and she was tired of talking about it.
            I'm in my forties, and still blonde/light brown. I also don't look forty at all. Life is likely to get interesting....
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

My father is 77, and still has mostly black hair. A few bits of grey, but not many. Doesn't dye it either. Probably going to have black hair for most of my life, without dying it. Lol when I did once try to dye it white, it turned brown with some auburn in it.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Grr! I started going grey in my teens! I've been dying my hair since my mid-twenties. I once let it go for several months and discovered I had a wide streak of silver down the middle of brown hair, like Rogue from the X-Men.

Back OT, those nosy nellies were the rude ones, not your sister. And I certainly wouldn't suggest showing that the carpet matches the drapes. Maybe an answer like, "I eat 500 carrots a day!"
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My oldest daughter is a redhead. She has gorgeous red hair that hung in ringlets when she was younger. I used to get asked what brand of dye I used for her hair....when she was 2 or 3. I didn't dye my toddler's hair. I was just happy that she finally wasn't bald. I wasn't going to do anything to make it possibly fall out.

Comment

I WISH I was a natural redhead. And if there's anything that will get my attention, it's a redheaded guy. I will add that I don't get comments and stares because of my hair color, but definitely because of my long curls.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      Grr! I started going grey in my teens! I've been dying my hair since my mid-twenties. I once let it go for several months and discovered I had a wide streak of silver down the middle of brown hair, like Rogue from the X-Men.
                      Same here... I found my first grey hair when I was 16! At mid-20 I started dying, lightbrownish mutt with grey isn't a really nice hair colour. Without chemical enhancement I'd be grey now, last year I tried and let the colour grow out, while it didn't look too bad, it added quite a few years. I started to look my age! So now I'm back to dying my hair reddish brown and people guess my age to be late 30s instead of the real late 40s.
                      My mother had the same hair and started to become grey very early too. Dang genetics.
                      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

That was just plain rude! I LOVE that rich vibrant red color, really wished I'd had that as a kid instead of being a closet red head myself. I tried dyeing my own hair a lighter blonde and the first thing that happened when I answered the door was a 'what happened to you carrot top?'
                        Now after 2 kids and a crazy hormonal imbalance due to an iud. My hair is crazy, I'm not even 30 yet and I already have TONS of platinum white hairs. While that kinda sucks I'm glad it's not the dirty yellow gray that light brown/ dark blondes tend to get. I'm also now getting the occasional curly red hairs and thick straight black hairs. It's trippy.
                        It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Just as a note: the carpet doesn't always naturally match the drapes. Let's just say that if I were a cat, I'd be patchy pale brown/blonde and dark brown/almost black.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

My sister's a natural redhead, but one day we were goofing around and we noticed her hair wasn't really JUST red...she had two shades of red, two of brown, blonde, and black!

Mine's blonde, but it gets wavy and curly when it's short. My husband hated my short hair at first because "it looked too Marilyn Monroe". I loved the compliment, even if he thought it wasn't. Anyways, I got several of my friends annoyed at me because me NOT combing my hair after a shower gets the same effect as most people spending an hour with hair dryers and sprays.
                            It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                              Just as a note: the carpet doesn't always naturally match the drapes.
                              In my case it does
                              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                                My sister's a natural redhead, but one day we were goofing around and we noticed her hair wasn't really JUST red...she had two shades of red, two of brown, blonde, and black! Mine's blonde, but it gets wavy and curly when it's short. My husband hated my short hair at first because "it looked too Marilyn Monroe". I loved the compliment, even if he thought it wasn't. Anyways, I got several of my friends annoyed at me because me NOT combing my hair after a shower gets the same effect as most people spending an hour with hair dryers and sprays.
                                Yes, people are fascinated by curls. I bet if you let your waves grow out you will have fat spirals. Mine gets curlier the longer it gets.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X