This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaand, new thread...again...

Ok, so a couple of sightings today. Not TOO many, but that's largely because I had company today. (Everyone, say hi to xx_wolfie_xx, he's sitting next to me and insisting I write these posts up)

Seriously, these aren't nearly as bad, so please dun be upset with me, but I got off lightly and I celebrate it.

at IKEA
    We went to IKEA, just to wander around as part of the day, and everything was fine. I was humming Jonathan Coulton, when I saw Billy (points for reference!!)

We get to the children's section and...there's a child in a stroller.

In the middle of the aisle.

With NO adults around. Anywhere. I'm wondering if she's part of one of the displays, and wolfie looks to see if he can find any kind of adult she might belong to. No such luck.

Seriously, what the hell, people??

At IKEA...again
    So, we finish the display floor and wander down to where all the actual merchandise is. As we walk past, we hear angry muttering, and a poor employee uttering the words.

"No, sir. See, this display isn't a set, it is actually made up of DIFFERENT items that we sell and..."

I look at wolfie, he looks at me....and we keep walking...

Creeeeeeeepy!!
    This happened as we were driving back from dinner. We pull up to a stoplight in the far left lane, right next to the left turn lane. This red truck pulls up next to us, and I happen to glance over.

There's this girl...sitting there. The window is rolled halfway down and she's resting her face on it, so only her nose and eyes are above the window. And she's....staring at us. I blink, stop what I was saying and wave hello. She looked kind of young, and maybe special needs? I don't know. Wolfie stopped midsentence and looked to see what I was waving at, and then whipped his head immediately to stare back in front.

This girl was creepy!! She wouldn't stop staring, and she had this smile on her face. sort of a shit-eating grin that said "I know where I'm hiding your booodddyyy"

CREEPY!!

And she kept staring until the light turned green. I watched her while looking like I was looking at wolfie, and she kept staring, and never blinked!!

we drive off when the light turns green, and then I start flailing. And shrieking. And then wolfie starts ranting, all "wtf was THAT!?!?! wtf WAS that!?!?!"

Seriously creepy. I kid you not.

So, see? Not too many sightings. USUALLY when I'm out and about with other people the creep/chaos magnet is switched off. Guess it was defective this time. Can't imagine why...

THE END!!

Did someone come back for the kid in the stroller?

Oh, and O.O
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Don't know, never saw that.

And yes

O.O

Comment

OMG!

xx_wolfie_xx and Lupo together, in the same room!

Mind Blown!

At least you didn't have much suck while out shopping. The only down side to that is there aren't many stories.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Ok, I'm wishing I wasn't such a visual person, because now I'm seeing my brain's version of creepy staring girl...and she's staring at me. :shudder:
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Yay...Hi Wolfy, Hi Lupo

So yea your magnet didn't get turned off....

Comment

Yea, I generally don't creep out very easy. However this chick had me so disturbed that I couldn't complete a sentence. I tried, I really did though.

Comment

Wow, I read that and I instantly thought of that creepy girl from The Ring.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                  OMG!

Mind Blown!
                  Oi, what's THAT supposed to mean!??!

Quoth xx_wolfie_xx View Post
                  Yea, I generally don't creep out very easy. However this chick had me so disturbed that I couldn't complete a sentence. I tried, I really did though.
                  You tried...you failed.

But you did manage most of "What the fk?" mostly...

Last edited by lupo pazzesco; 02-14-2011, 01:06 AM.

Comment

I once saw a very effective method of dealing with a young child that had no parents around. Yelling quite loudly "Does this little girl/boy belong to anyone? They're alone by themselves! Helllooooooo is the parent of this little girl/boy around?" The one time I saw a person do this, the mother shuffled over quickly and looked quite red.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Many years ago (ok, I was a teen, so it was at least 6-7 years ago) at Wal-Mart, I heard an ungodly loud shriek of a baby.

Here an abandoned stroller was in the middle of a clothing section, with a baby crying so loudly and so hard that its face was beet red and soaken wet from the tears. It was also fidgeting about and wailing its arms.

Lo and behold.....Teen Mom and her stupid friend are over by the changing rooms not far away chatting it up with some 20something pervert, occasionally glancing over at the baby, but never actually going to, you know, go get the kid and watch it.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

OKay. Let's collect the following for Lupo. Crucifix. Holy water. Communion wafers. Garlic. Wooden stakes. Plastic porkchops. Twinkies. (Hey, on those dealinsg with vampires and weird people, you get hungry.)
                        Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

The "creepy staring girl" may well have had some special needs. The place where i take my daughter for art therapy houses a lot of health services for learning-disabled adults, and these poor people are very, very learning-disabled. The vast majority of them are fine, but one or two of them are quite aggressive and a couple of the others are what I would describe as "frozen smilers", and they sound a bit like the girl you saw. They are jsut glassy-eyed and although their mouths are smiling they actually have no expression on their faces.

So yes, you probably just saw a mentally-disabled girl. You probably don't have to break out the stakes and garlic just yet.
                          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                          - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                            OMG!

Mind Blown!

At least you didn't have much suck while out shopping. The only down side to that is there aren't many stories.
                            Same city, same roof, same room, same bed. (are you really scared now)

Comment

Quoth xx_wolfie_xx View Post
                              Same city, same roof, same room, same bed. (are you really scared now)
                              Beyond belief.

Congratulations. Make her happy.
                              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                              X