This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently people in my state can't walk in the wind

I just left work. It's extremely windy today. I was in my car, ready to go, when I saw a cart get blown into someone's car because someone else couldn't walk 3 yards to return it to the corral. I did it, stopping to look at the offended car, and sure enough, there was a black scrape on the white paint. On a windy day you return carts! That's just common decency. I guess it's not so common.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Common decency is only *slightly* more common than common sense.

And we all know how common that is....
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      On a windy day you return carts!
      No, you don't. Not in our neck of the woods. You also don't return carts when the weather is cold, hot, rainy, snowy, tornado-y, or picture-perfect.

The winds were so bad our truck today was late in arriving at the store. The driver could only do 50 on the I with his flashers on.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        No, you don't. Not in our neck of the woods. You also don't return carts when the weather is cold, hot, rainy, snowy, tornado-y, or picture-perfect.
        QFT
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You don't return them, of course, but you might stick them into the handicapped spot.

Comment

Nah, you just move them out so you can reverse your car out of the spot... Doesn't matter if another car is blocked by this cart, it's his business not yours!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              You don't return them, of course, but you might stick them into the handicapped spot.
              And I thought people did that only in North Carolina . . .
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond today and the carts were blowing all over the place. I got in my car to leave and there were a few carts in the empty spaces next to me. I watched one of them roll backwards a little bit, turn and roll through the spot and behind my car and over 1 or 2 spots. Then another one went and stopped behind my car so I had to get out and move it. (I admit, I only moved it to the intersection of empty spots next to the front of my car; they don't have corrals in the lot). Then as I started to back out again, a third cart did the exact same as the first...backed up about a foot, turned, and rolled in a similar path. After it passed me I pulled out and watched it continue across the lane to the end of the row and run straight into the back of another cart that had been placed with its front wheels on the little curb/planter thingy at the end of the row. Perfectly lined up; if it had enough force it would have nested inside nicely. Between that and the way they backed up and then turned before they started across the lot, it was like there were ghosts moving them around or something.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Are you kidding? When I was a cart-collected for the "Little shop of horrors," I used to see dumbbunnies run with the trolleys, then jump onto them and ride them around, in all kinds of weather. I'm talking grown men here. They think it's fun, until they realize they have no way of stopping because shoes & boots aren't breaks . . .
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Our lots are really windy; I guess it's just the terrain; very flat in the area. Those heavy Mal Wart Carts get up a good bit of speed! A couple time's I've been driving our security vehicle and have intercepted a cart with it before it hit a customer's car; better our beat-up car get one more scratch than someone try and sue.
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I can't wait to start hearing the newbies complaining about the Spring wind here. We had what was really our first windy day yesterday. I believe there was a gust clocked at 77mph yesterday at the Sunport. We were getting 45mph gusts on my side of town.

I don't really mind it, it means that it'll finally start warming up.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        I can't wait to start hearing the newbies complaining about the Spring wind here. We had what was really our first windy day yesterday. I believe there was a gust clocked at 77mph yesterday at the Sunport. We were getting 45mph gusts on my side of town.

I don't really mind it, it means that it'll finally start warming up.
                        Yeah, friction'll do that to the air :P

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        QFT.

I went to Aldi yesterday with Evil Empryss . . . don't often go there and forgot you have to put a quarter in to unlock a cart. After we're done loading the car, I take the cart back to get her quarter. I made the comment, "Well, that's one way not to get your carts stolen!"

EE: They really do it so they don't have to pay someone to collect carts.

Having seen the messes in local parking lots, this makes a great deal of sense.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                        X