This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadistic sign designers

Now, a cursory glance through the threads will reveal an overabundance of idiotic customers mis-reading signs and then blaming the people who have no input into what the signs actually say.

But sometimes, the people who make the signs are just plain *bastards*.

There is a bookstore in the building where I work. They are having a sale. Not unusual.

They have set out tressle tables piled with books marked as on sale. Sticky-taped around the edges of the tables are a bunch of a4 printed sale signs, all the same vivid red reading

SALE

All books

$5

Except one sign, at one end of one of the tressle tables. It says

SALE

All books

$5
    AND $10 AND $20

Yeah, I can't imagine the cashiers at the bookstore are too impressed with whoever decided that signage was a good idea. I haven't passed the front of the store since the sale started and *not* heard some customer complaining about false advertising.

Well, technically, the signs that don't mention 'And $10 and $20' would in fact be false. So, I think that might be a valid complaint. Having 1 correct sign and bunch of incorrect signs is pretty sketchy at best and they might just find themselves falling through the legal thin ice.

Comment

Working...
    X