Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did they have to let you go? I worked to two different companies during both their conversion to Digital Cinema and neither time did we have to let anyone go. Both instances the former projectionists moved down to floor staff with a couple of extra responsibilities such as screening content and minor projector PM (cleaning lenses, filters and such) also their pay remained the same. Kind of sucks that they are giving you the boot.

I got a weary smile when you mentioned some of the problems that they are already having with the new equipment. It has been almost non stop issues here since our install. One of our projectors must have a Gremlin because we have a reoccurring issue that no one had heard about before and no matter how many times it has been "fixed" (and I am talking replacing several different circuit boards), the problem keeps coming back. And dont get me started on all the server issues...
    The beatings will continue until morale improves...

Comment

Not that it is much help, since it is a paltry paycheck, but at least you qualify for unemployment. It will help a lot until you find something. Good luck.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Gonzo View Post
        One of our projectors must have a Gremlin because we have a reoccurring issue that no one had heard about before and no matter how many times it has been "fixed" (and I am talking replacing several different circuit boards), the problem keeps coming back.
        As a computer tech, That usually means the trouble isn't with the circuit boards. They should be looking elsewhere for the issue, unless the whole batch was known bad.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Gonzo View Post
          Why did they have to let you go? I worked to two different companies during both their conversion to Digital Cinema and neither time did we have to let anyone go. Both instances the former projectionists moved down to floor staff with a couple of extra responsibilities such as screening content and minor projector PM (cleaning lenses, filters and such) also their pay remained the same. Kind of sucks that they are giving you the boot.
          The only other job I was offered was going down to floor staff, part-time, at minimum wage.

They have laid of projectionists throughout the chain. They are keeping one projectionist who becomes operations manager and has to work as a duty manager as well as doing programming and maintenance.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
            No, because they will almost certainly forget to remove the broomsticks they have shoved up there first...
            LOL

My bosses/company aren't like that...

I just meant that i'm sure there will be something that needs to be done, that none of them realize that I took care of, or how I take care of it... those "invisible" duties that no one thinks about....
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
            X