This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, how do I get this to stop?

I need some help. It could go into CoC or MiM, but since I'm pretty sure it involves both, I'm sticking it here unless the mods deem it to go elsewhere.

How the hell do I get people to use the whole damned pack of coffee? (these are 2oz packs of coffee)

Let me explain. For whatever reason, someone, be it a co-worker or manager, makes decaf and for some unexplained reason, feels the need to open a regular pack of coffee and use a little bit of it, be it a teaspoon or more.

Okay first of all - what the frak? If you're going to make coffee, either do decaf or regular. Not some monstrosity of the two.

Secondly, this wastes the coffee because once it's open, it's pretty much going to not taste as fresh as when it was first opened.

I find this at least once a day if not more as I'm cleaning up the kitchens and it irritates me because then I have to throw out the opened coffee. Pouring it into a container for later does no good, because people are too lazy to measure out 2 ounces of coffee.

This also happens with the hot coco and the artificial sweetener packets. I'm sure if they tried really hard they could do it to the tea bags too.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

That is annoying! Who is in charge of buying the coffee?? Is it possible to switch to the cannisters that you just scoop from??? It would save a lot of expense in the long run.
    "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

Technically, me. I'm in charge of getting restock and making sure we don't run low, because if we do, or if there's even a rumor that we have no coffee:

(not necessarily in that order, but you get the idea)

I've tried signs, e-mails and even talking to those I've caught to get them to stop, but it just doesn't work.

As for the canisters, the coffee vendor we use doesn't supply coffee in 5lb bags where I could just put it in a canister. Just the 2 oz. bags.
      Random conversation:

Comment

If you left the partials, would those same people use them, or would they open new each time?
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

People who waste coffee should be staked out on an anthill. That's almost as blasphemous as wasting bacon.

Know what I do? I put a packet of hot chocolate mix in a cup and fill it up with the crappy coffee that most workplaces stock. The result is neither hot chocolate or coffee, and not exactly a good mocha, but it's not bad. Doesn't waste anything, either.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Hang on, someone's making homebrew half-caff? Is it possible they're trying to spike someone who normally only has decaff?
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

2 oz. packs? Hell, I'd take 'em home. I'd use them up fast enough they wouldn't have time to get stale. Are you allowed to take stuff like that home, rather than throw it out, since you know they won't finish them?
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                Hang on, someone's making homebrew half-caff? Is it possible they're trying to spike someone who normally only has decaff?
                Yup, they're trying to do a half caff. Which really I get, but there are some people here who are drinking decaf for a reason. Having the half caff is not cool and I get bitched at when it happens if someone has it and realizes what's been made.

As for taking it home, that's not allowed as it can be considered stealing. So I basically have to toss it. Which is what pisses me off, as it's wasting the coffee.
                Random conversation:

Comment

Do you have two coffee makers? If not, get a second one, lock up the coffee, and put someone in charge of making the coffee - yea, it would suck to be the designated coffee drone, but if you keep both pots more or less full, then they can do half-caf by pouring half and half instead of making it that way.
                  Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

This sounds like the perfect job for the Triple T train to come through and wreck somebody!! For those who don't know it's "Terrible" Terry Tate. When ridiculous crazy stupid shit like this happens in the office he blind sides the hell out of the person!!! It can be seen here for your viewing pleasure! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94 I know I know... you're thinking why doesn't every office come equipped with a Tripple T right? I know I am!! Can't get enough of this video, show it to them!! They will cower in fear! =D

Comment

The best solution I can come up with is for your company to switch over to a k-cup brewer, so that everyone is making up their cups individually. There are probably half-caff k-cups in addition to the various full-caffs and decaffs.
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                        There are probably half-caff k-cups in addition to the various full-caffs and decaffs.
                        Although there doesn't seem to be much variety.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                          Although there doesn't seem to be much variety.
                          It's real easy, you just make two cups (one regular one decaf) and either dump them both into a larger cup or otherwise split them.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                            Do you have two coffee makers? If not, get a second one, lock up the coffee, and put someone in charge of making the coffee - yea, it would suck to be the designated coffee drone, but if you keep both pots more or less full, then they can do half-caf by pouring half and half instead of making it that way.
                            Which would mean me never getting any work done. Ever. I wish I were kidding, but the way people drink coffee, that would mean a new pot literally every 10-15 minutes.

I guess I'm just going to have to deal with this as it seems to be a battle I can't win.
                            Random conversation:

Comment

Ok...I'm just a bit confused here...(sorry! It's late...brain isn't all there) So people are using a full 2oz of decaf then opening a full caff and using a tiny bit leaving the rest just chillin there? This is in a regular coffee maker right?

Solution: grab 2 canisters and use the 2oz bags to fill them. That way people can scoop what they want (caff/decaf/half caff..coffee is way too complicated these days) and waste would be minimized.
                              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Working...
                              X