This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry you're unhappy with me, but don't penalize me

I have been using a CPAP machine since May of 2009 (hypopnea). I've done well at every yearly visit and had what I felt was good rapport with the sleep doc. Until this past week. Several issues have culminated to cause me to have less than adequate sleep over the last few weeks:

- A drug that my PCP has me on went into sudden nationwide shortage at the end of November, beginning of December (bystolic). This meant that she had to put me on a temporary solution until the drug is back in circulation (hopefully by the end of January). She currently has me on 360 mg of Diltiazem. This drug is..eh. Either I'm so damned tired I can't think straight or I can't sleep. It's messed with my normal sleep and I made that known to her. She said it might take a couple of weeks to get used to it and for the most part she's right. It's getting better. She had to add sprionolactone this week because my BP still isn't where she'd like it. Never had to pee so damned much in my life!

- DaDairyDruid's schedule for this holiday has been hectic to say the least, what with him having many early mornings and also taking over his department while his manager is out on medical leave. Yeah, the alarm going off at 1:30 in the morning isn't the best, especially when I'm just finally dropping off. Thanks to the sleeplessnes from the diltiazem..joy.

- various people at work who I have grouped into the "we can't do shit for ourselves" gang have apparently made it their mission to annoy me (and it's probably due to the sleeplessness again. snarkiness on my part all around). I will be glad when they go away next week for training in another city.

So when I explained to my sleep doc that the last few weeks were bad, as he called me out on them based on the printout from my CPAP data card, I told him exactly what was going on. He seemed to have a pretty bad attitude since I couldn't accurately pin point when I might have insomnia and when I might actually sleep and still not feel rested. I tried explaining it to him that there was no rhyme or reason as to when it might happen. I was going to bed at the usual time (usually 10:30pm), but just laying there some nights. But he wasn't satisfied with that. I had to be fibbing somewhere and he made it clear he didn't believe me. This did not sit well with me.

This actually spilled over to the new DME I decided to go with because the previous one royally screwed up my supplies and I was still fighting with them last year to reimburse me. I finally got it in the middle of 2014 and my old insurance didn't have to help me, but they did because they too were needing to be reimbursed for the money they paid them too.

I had told the new DME when my appointment was and they told me what needed to be sent over - sleep study, diagnosis and prescription order signed by the sleep doc. I suspect the sleep doc was pissed at me for his perceived belief that I was not being truthful. I suspect he purposefully did not send the order over. This is not the first time this has happened (he's done it to me twice in previous years), but as I told his office manager yesterday, this will most likely be the last. I plan to get a referral from my PCP as soon as I can for a new sleep doc for 2015. I just hope I don't have to do another sleep study. I don't have another 2k to drop for it after the insurance.

I managed to get my prescription sent over after driving to his office, getting the script myself and then driving to the DME. I should not have had to do their job as they'd promised they would. It pisses me off to no end that a doctor's office who makes claims that they're professional can have a doctor that is so disorganized and penalize his patients for perceived slights.
    Last edited by fma_fanatic; 01-01-2015, 05:59 AM.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

As a suggestion, may I recommend that you also file a formal complaint with whatever state or federal level agency that handles that doctor's licensing? And/or any sort of oversight organizations? And/or senior partners or management of whatever facility that doctor is attached to (gonna guess he doesn't own his own clinic, he's got a boss SOMEWHERE who likely wouldn't be thrilled if the doc is driving away bu$ine$$). And/or anyone else you can think of that might cause the doc to get whacked suddenly and possibly repeatedly with a clue-by-four.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I've already emailed the person in charge of patient relations at the hospital he's affiliated with. Since its a holiday, I don't expect an answer any sooner than Monday. What bugs me is that the office manager tried to throw the nurse under the bus who was doing the intake info and said no less than three times, one of them directly to the doctor as I was leaving, "I'm going to forward her info, I'll need that prescription" so it's not as if he might have forgotten it. I told her it wasn't the nurses fault that the doctor felt he had to punish me.

I probably could have called my PCP office to see if she could have helped me. She's been wonderful in the past. I was getting samples of the drug I was taking because my insurance wants a huge copay as its not a generic drug.
      Random conversation:

Comment

I know the 20 mg Bystolic is on backorder, can your pharmacy sub double the quantity of 10 mg to get you through?
        http://tinyurl.com/43hger/.gif

Comment

There was nothing in stock as of last week. I called every pharmacy that was in network with my medical coverage and there was nothing. I want to start taking this again and my doctor wants me back on this.

As far as the sleep doctor is concerned, he's fired from being my doctor. The patient relations was useless. She pretty much hemmed and hawed about the while thing and made me feel as if I were being a pest. I plan to see my doctor this week for a check up so I'll be asking for a recommendation then.
          Random conversation:

Comment

Working...
          X