This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I can't sleep...

For the past two nights I've had a swollen gland or something under my jaw, where right above is one of my wsorse off teeth.

I've had little to no desire to sleep, and have gotten maybe six hours total in this time. I really don't want to go to the hospital for penicillin again, but I need something. I can't subsist on three or four hours catnapping per day with this increasingly painful lump.

I had hoped that it was merely a response to a cold, but while I still hope that I'm not optimistic.

Prayers needed.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Go to the Emergency Room & see what they can do for you.

Comment

Thanks, I will be. I hope it is as simple as getting me penicillin again and not having to get some lengthy procedure or surgery I can't afford done. I can't really afford the ER either, but...yeah.
      My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

I got some amoxicillin and was told to stick to soft foods. It sucks because I have this huge egg shaped lump and it's either horribly awkward or painful to eat.

Two more hours and I can take another dose of the medicine though. And I'm using Tylenol and ibuprofen to both keep down pain and hopefully help the inflammation.

Brush your fucking teeth, kids! I'm seriously considering doing a YouTube video showing the huge lump and my bad teeth to show what happens when you don't!
        Last edited by Tama; 02-10-2015, 11:07 AM.
        My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Careful mixing Tylenol with Ibuprofen those two don't tend to play well together. I am not a medical doctor/nurse but I seem to remember that those two don't go well together. Prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Thanks. I'm calling a free dental clinic so hopefully I can get the worst offenders out and then work on the others.

The amoxicillin is getting the lump down, but it's still there and still hurts to swallow a bit? Urgh.
            My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

How much does going to the ER cost for you? I'm in Ontario, Canada, where basic healthcare is covered by the government, so I wouldn't know.

People here only need to pay for dental visits and for visits to the optometrist, and of course, for stuff that isn't basic healthcare.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

$500+. I'll have to send in a form for aid with the bill.
                My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Do you have an urgent care place around? They can be less costly and have shorter wait times than hospital ER's.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't know, it's a decent sized city so probably.

Funny enough I went on Monday and the wait wasn't bad. We were in an out in 2 hours, I guess because my issue looked simple. We spent more time waiting in the hallway on a bed than we did in the waiting room!
                    My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                      So I can't sleep...
                      Neither can I. But that's 'cuz the clown'll eat me.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Tim Curry just wants to look scary. Laugh at him and he'll get offended and leave.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Working...
                        X