X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now it's Prince...

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/

Wow. I don't really recall ever listening to his music, but I know he had a heck of a career and was hugely popular.
    Last edited by EricKei; 04-21-2016, 11:23 PM.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Yep that's two today I wonder who the third will be. Its always in threes.

Comment

This explains it
      ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

A HUGE part of my teen years just passed away.

Comment

May he rest in peace v_v
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That's pretty shocking to hear, I wasn't a big huge super fan but I did have 18 of his songs. During one of Kevin Smith's Q&As he mentioned that one of Prince's assistants said he had a vault full of stuff that was done and never released, I wonder if it will be now or if it's still gonna be kept hidden away.
            ......../\
            ....../__\
            ..../\...../\
            ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
              Yep that's two today I wonder who the third will be. Its always in threes.
              Prince IS the third. You're forgetting Doris Roberts.

Comment

He was huge in my life. I just don't remember not ever listening to his music. His style, the fact that he was so iconoclastic in how he did his art, and that he had such love and pride in his hometown was so inspirational to me. There will *never* be another Prince. May he RIP, he's with his child now.

Comment

The news was actually broken to me by my uncle, at the Brewers game yesterday. He isn't the greatest at breaking bad news.

"You know, that rock star Prince? You liked him, didn't you?"
                  "Uhh...he's okay, I guess?"
                  "Well, he died."

Ah well, as I've been saying too much lately, another legend gone. This sucks.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                    Prince IS the third. You're forgetting Doris Roberts.
                    Doris Roberts died 4/17/16. Guy Hamilton, died on 4/20/16 also. At least he was 93. Prince & Chyna were too young.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                    X