Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• many hugs to all. Can someone explain to me why I feel like the world is falling apart? It really isn't but it feels that way. I can't get the will to get anything done. I have so much to do and I barely get the will to get dressed so I can work from home.

Is it burn out? I wish i could get away but when working for a small company there isn't anyone who can or will back me up (besides my mom and husband)

I am just going to sit in the corner and hug my moose. I feel so silly posting this when so many more people are hurting worse then I am.

And D-W you will find someone worthy of you.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Aww Elspeth! *huggles and treats and drink of choice*
      Thanks too.
      Worst part it the 'about me' section. I always sucked at those.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
        many hugs to all. Can someone explain to me why I feel like the world is falling apart? It really isn't but it feels that way. I can't get the will to get anything done. I have so much to do and I barely get the will to get dressed so I can work from home.

Is it burn out? I wish i could get away but when working for a small company there isn't anyone who can or will back me up (besides my mom and husband)

I am just going to sit in the corner and hug my moose. I feel so silly posting this when so many more people are hurting worse then I am.
        I've been like this the last few months due to my step-fathers death and a couple of vandalism incidents on the house. I said to a friend "I'm barely getting to work, I don't know when I'll make it to the post office" and its still true. I know I'm overloaded with stuff and just want it all to go away. My friends had to drag me out to celebrate my 30th birthday at the weekend as I didn't want to bother.

(Not to belittle your situation though - burn out can be for any reason. It doesn't have to be due to a current big-bad situation. Sometimes we just need to kick back.)
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Quoth dragon_wings View Post
          I know. I'm putting myself out there. I've downloaded a couple dating apps to my phone. But I'm in no hurry to find a boyfriend, or a girlfriend for that matter.
          I've had several people tell me I don't need a bf. Yeah, I don't *need* a bf. I want one. There's a difference. And I acknowledge that. Plus I'm going into this with a different mindset. I entered my relationships with both my ex girlfriend and above mentioned ex boyfriend thinking they were my soul mates. *rollseyes^
          This time I'm just looking for someone to love, be loved by, and spend time with.
          Physical contact is necessary for continued health [it is why infant orphans in creches do not tend to thrive - lack of physical contact and also why you see pictures of orphaned primates with little stuffed mamma dummies frequently with a gizmo inside that makes a heartbeat] Just because you are an adult does not mean that you do not need to touch and be touched.

Good luck in finding someone to hang with, whether or not they end up being soulmates. If you were near me I would come over and give you a nice snuggle on a sofa with a good popcorn flick. I would even bring Rob along if you wanted [he gives good snuggle]
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Oh for *&^%'s sake...

I am missing my third day of college summer classes. The first one was due to an accident that held me up. the second was cause my three yr old self decided to throw a tantrum and didnt want to go. I was on my way this morning but am back home now becuase Ms Ebony our youngest kitten that we have had since she was less then 6 months isnt walking right, her back legs keep slipping, she is only jumping if she has to, and she crys if you pet her near her back legs.

Last night she came in just like normal mewing and crying for attention and came on the back of the couch to lump up again just like normal. She also slept with us like normal..Little thing weighs about 8-9 pounds and fumps harder then the 20 pound main coon.

Unfortunatly its a monday so the Vet is booked solid and I dont want to just drop her off and find out if he can fit her in around surgeries so we are coming in tomorrow but oh lord am I panicking..

Comment

• I need a duvet and less worries and more chocolate than I have in the house. Just...urgh. People and work and worries and I know it will stop but it hasn't yet. *hides under duvet* BAH.
              I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

• I texted my stepmom, saying that I am sorry for not talking to them much but I love them and I will talk to them when I am ready. I doubt I ever will be. My dad has hurt me greatly.

Comment

• Bugger, my laptop just died. It seems to be something with the motherboard or videocard [a known issue with HPs] so I will be living on my desktop computer, hopefully I will have good body days because I can't use my bed desk.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
                    many hugs to all. Can someone explain to me why I feel like the world is falling apart? It really isn't but it feels that way. I can't get the will to get anything done. I have so much to do and I barely get the will to get dressed so I can work from home.

And D-W you will find someone worthy of you.
                    Sounds like it may be a case of burnout, hopefully temporary ... I've had times like that, when I just wanted to curl up in bed and forget the world.

If you can't take time off work, can you schedule any "my time" when you can do just what you want (nap, read, eat ice cream)? Sometimes just playing hooky from life for short periods of time can help.

Comment

• Lovely. Due to the weather being up and down at the moment about 3 of us at work and another few friends are all suffering with popping ears etc. (we think due to the high pollen). I struggled through yesterday but today I made three mistakes in the first half hour and asked the boss if I could book the rest of the day off. Luckily I have a nice boss... I expect I'll end up working it back before the end of the week due to it being month end but there is no point in me doing stuff for month end if its going to be full of mistakes as that will cause chaos!
                      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Fuck! One of my favorite songs is playing. Or I should say one of my former favorites. My ex's ringtone for a while was a clip of this song. And it's kinda tainted by the heartbreak. Fuck. *goes to see if any other song feels that way too* Dammit. Found another song I can't listen too without thinking of him. This blows.

I just realized whole albums could be affected too. Double damn.
                        Last edited by dragon_wings; 06-28-2012, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• As I said, don't let it get to you. Maybe take a break from those songs till you can heal. Don't let the bastard win.

Comment

• I almost deleted them off my 'faves' playlist. Until such time I can hear them without my heart hurting I'll just skip them.

Comment

• I haven't been here in a few weeks. ***hugs*** to all who need them, and D_W, I'm sorry to hear about the breakup...you are definitely worthy of better, though.

I just can't seem to snap out of the doldrums for more than short periods of time. This year just seems to be one bad thing after another and it's getting really old. I'm a survivor and I know it will get better, I'm just tired of thinking of ways to make it so, and I know it's up to me.
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• I just quit my job. While I'm ok with it, I'm just gonna hide out here a lil while before I embark on the next part of my life.
                                What do you want for nothin'? R-r-r-r-r-r-rubber biscuit?": Blues Bros.

Comment

Working...
                                X