Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh God. Did I shut down the game? I'm so sorry.

Here's another, possibly less obscure, one.

“The true secret in being a hero lies in knowing the order of things. The swineherd cannot already be wed to the princess when he embarks on his adventures, nor can the boy knock on the witch's door when she is already away on vacation. The wicked uncle cannot be found out and foiled before he does something wicked. Things must happen when it is time for them to happen. Quests may not simply be abandoned; prophecies may not be left to rot like unpicked fruit; unicorns may go unrescued for a very long time, but not forever. The happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story.”
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Crossbow - Yup!

AK - rofl, and Schmendrick from The Last Unicorn on the second one, I believe.

======================

"I am your enemy, the first one you've ever had who was smarter than you. There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on I am your teacher.”
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        "I am your enemy, the first one you've ever had who was smarter than you. There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on I am your teacher.”
        Mazer Rackham, "Ender's Game"

"Life is pain... Anyone who says different is selling something."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          "Life is pain... Anyone who says different is selling something."
          The Princess Bride.

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
          Goofy music!
          Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
            The Princess Bride. "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."
            Doc Brown, Back to the Future

"TV, deadens the mind and corrupts the soul."
            Last edited by Sakka; 11-13-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Don't forget mine lying lost and forgotten on page 1 :P
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Sakka View Post
                "TV, deadens the mind and corrupts the soul."
                Was that Remington Steel? Now one of my favourite quotes:

------------------------------------------------------

“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  Don't forget mine lying lost and forgotten on page 1 :P
                  Or mine:

"The hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it."
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                    Was that Remington Steel? Now one of my favourite quotes:
                    It is indeed Remington Steele

Comment

Or mine:

"The hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it."
                      That's so familiar... Somebody on Person of Interest?

Mine:

"The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think."
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        'I will not be defeated by a bad man and an American stick insect.Instead I choose vodka!'
                        Bridget Jones Diary.

"I don't care if she did put an ice cube in your underwear! Girls will do that. You mustn't hit her with the dog! Now until I get back, you're the man of the house. Yes, I know Mommy thinks she is, but you really are!"
                        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

J2K - correct!

And now, one I've used in real life before

"Don't you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal."
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            That's so familiar... Somebody on Person of Interest?

Mine:

"The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think."
                            Nope. Wind back time another decade Your quote; was that Captain Picard in ST:TNG?

Comment

Nope. Wind back time another decade Your quote; was that Captain Picard in ST:TNG?
                              Yup.

Is it NCIS? I DON'T KNOW, and it's driving me crazy.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

"Anybody else want to negotiate?" - This quote requires two sources.
                                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                                X