• Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    Tammy Fae, baby, this is the right tool for removing foundation:
    [ATTACH]4042[/ATTACH]
    Depends on the foundation. Some people, I'd swear could use one of these:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...jackhammer.jpg

Comment

This is just weird to me. I've never had an issue with removing makeup from my washcloths at home and would have never thought twice about it at a hotel. I honestly thought that's what washcloths are for (at least in observing all my family). Granted I don't wear a lot of foundation but I do wear waterproof mascara and that still comes out with bleach. now I'm curious how much makeup these people are wearing.....
      Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        karl - I always loved that song.
        A favorite campfire song from my Boy Scout days.
        Quoth EricKei View Post
        People were getting crap shaving cream; be nice and clean; shave every day and you'll always look keen
        Fixed for you
        Hey if we can keep a thread going with The llama song
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
          Hey if we can keep a thread going with The llama song
          That's nothing. Once upon a time, at a board I used to frequent, I had a nice long-running thread dedicated to Super Mario Blitz (a Hyakugojyuuichi-type video)

(note - neither is advised for work due to the "music" and weird looks yer likely to get from CWs)

Buuuuut...since you asked ...

I once had a S.C. curse at us,
          Their pizza was not the right fit,
          Two weeks since they ordered?! They called us,
          They said, "This food tastes just like..."

shaving cream; be nice and clean; shave every day and you'll always look keen
          Last edited by EricKei; 01-28-2014, 07:32 PM.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Buuuuut...since you asked ...

Yay, a new CS Game! "The CS Shaving Cream Song!

Last night an SC bought a pattern
            And then bought ten yards of stretch knit
            She tried to return it this morning
            All washed out and cut up to...
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Yay, a new CS Game! "The CS Shaving Cream Song!
              Great idea, XC.
              Here's the thread
              I hope it catches on enough for the mods to move it to the games.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

When I went to NYC for halloween, I brought my own facecloth with me, just for getting my cosplay makeup off. Seriously, the thick grey theatrical grade facepaint I use almost requires demolition equipment to remove, or at least copious amounts of tea tree oil cleanser and hydra-cleanse. So I made sure to bring my own brown washcloth from home, so as not to trash my hotel's nice white linen. Unfortunately my cosplay partner for the day didn't think of that- she ended up turning one washcloth green!

Dressing up as a Skyscraper and causing a fun mini-riot in an office building lobby is fun, getting the makeup off afterward, not so much.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Though frankly, I've never understood why hotels use white towels.
                  Cost - bulk white towels are the cheapest.
                  Maintenance - you can wash white in VERY hot water, and use almost any sanitizing chemicals.
                  Perception - guests can see at a glance that a towel is clean.
                  Compatibility - white goes with any room decor.
                  Deterrence - plain old white towels are probably a little less likely to be nicked than something fancier.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    That's when you politely try to get details, including what variety of feces the food tastes like - implying that the SC has personal knowledge of the taste of feces.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

That's when you politely try to get details, including what variety of feces the food tastes like - implying that the SC has personal knowledge of the taste of feces.
                      I can see it now - "Do you eat shit on a regular basis then, sir? "

Comment

Amanita, that sounds awesome. Do you have pics? And, I really must say thanks on behalf of hotels everywhere. To your friend? Not so much.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                          We did offer makeup wipes for the guests. The problem is they totally ignored them and used the white towels anyway. My question is "do you actually do this at home?" I wouldn't, I don't want to ruin my towels.
                          See I do use a white facecloth at home to remove my make up but I have never ruined it. Maybe I don't wear that much make up
                          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Kiwi, I wear no makeup except for special occasions. Makeup drives me crazy and always makes my face fell wrong. My skin is very sensitive and it feels heavy and itchy, no matter which kind I use (even the mineral makeup).

I don't know how anyone can use so much makeup that they can actually destroy a towel but apparently its possible. And it doesn't seem to be the blush and eye shadow that's the problem. I've seen women quite literally coat a whole white face cloth with foundation almost like they dipped it in it. I've also seen large black spots on towels that are obviously mascara like they dropped the whole container on the towel.

It's amazing that someone would do that. I use soap and water to remove most of my makeup, then a kleenex to remove the remains of the mascara and its never failed me yet. It's just so much cleaner.

Comment

Working...
                            X