Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lupo shrugs at the accommodations. Though he could easily afford such, he preferred much more low key rooms. "If you do not want to stay where he set you up, let me know. I'll foot the bill for you a separate room if the hotel has any." he shrugs. It's just money. Between his boxing and MMA career, and good investments, he had enough never to have to worry about it. "Too posh for me, but guess it will do."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"Actually it's more the fact that I already set up a room and I'm gonna get charged for it one way or another. And I really don't have the salary to support wasting money like that."
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Summer's Cafe
        "Maybe not a requirement, but I think I can appreciate it."

Later, the Mirage
        Actually paying for drinks was such a rare occurrence for Luke that he'd never really learned what in particular was good to order. Thus he found himself sitting near a window with some jagermeister, mainly waiting to see what was going on this time.
        » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

At the Mirage

EJ quirks an eyebrow at the comment that they've been upgraded. Once in the room he takes a seat where he can watch the door. When Deann speaks up he adds to the conversation saying, "I secured a room before going to the cafe myself, so I probably won't be staying here either."

Comment

Selene declines Aiden's offer of Sierra Nevada, still busily tapping away on her laptop and tablet and phone. "Open bar. Meant to ply us with booze. Make us more susceptible to job pitch," she states in her typical fast, staccato way, barely pausing for breath, "Always beware of razor in the candy floss. Johnny means well, just a bit of a cloaca." And yes, she does use that term. Without pausing, she goes on, "Important job, anyway. Can't call the demis up. Heavy-hitters otherwise occupied." She pauses, inhales sharply, and concludes, "Has to be us."

GChat with Aiden

Selene Hoffman: Not logistics. Solomon handling those.
            Selene Hoffman: Handling a lot of intel.
            Selene Hoffman: For this job and others.
            Selene Hoffman: Lot of data to sift through.
            Selene Hoffman: Could be worse.
            Selene Hoffman: Brigitte's group chasing Kane Taoka around in southern hemisphere.
            Sent at 4:25PM
            Selene Hoffman: Antarctica, to be precise.

While folks are discussing accommodations and so on, there's a knock at the door. A deep voice on the other side says, "Housekeeping."

But Emmett would be able to tell that's a lie. And Jack would immediately pick up a pair of basso profundo heartbeats that were decidedly not human.

The door's lock beeps and clicks, as from a master key, and then opens to admit two figures of dimensions large enough that they both have to duck to get through the door. They wear ill-fitting bellhop uniforms, one wearing a cap which is removed to reveal the solitary eye above its nose. The other is quite hirsute, but its skin has an unearthly pallor to it, and its beard is coated in a sort of hoarfrost.

Despite their size, they move with remarkable speed to get in the room before they can be stopped, and then the cyclops shuts the door behind them. The jotun bears sharp teeth and pops its neck as it produces a knife.

GM Note: Cue some conflict! Shouldn't be too difficult for a roomful of scions to take on a cyclops and frost giant. Don't worry too much about collateral damage, btw. Our little band is on an expense account that would blow your mind.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Emmett has just enough time to register the thought Housekeeping is a lie? before the door begins to open. He calls out "Trouble!" and dives behind the couch he had been sitting on and quickly glances around the room looking for something useful...

Comment

GM Note: Posting on behalf of Naamah, who is having some issues with her net.

Aiden takes a look at the two decidedly-not-Housekeepings, starts to take another sip of beer - and tosses the bottle directly at the Cyclops's head before diving under the table.

"Fire. The jotuun. Someone set him on fire."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Deann dives behind the nearest cover herself, thanking all the pantheon that she had the foresight to pack her smallest bow in her pack. She pulls out a thin stick, about the length of her forearm and begins to string it. Anybody near her would also notice what seems like mini-arrows sticking from the top of her pack.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Luke reaches into his pack and pulled out an extending baton, whipping it out to full length and heading for the two giants. He's doing his best to keep calm, since there are just too many bystanders and (probably) friendlies in the room to risk letting himself go.

Comment

Lupo immediately starts eyeing the cyclops, anticipating its movements, information flooding his brain. Weak spots, if it favors its right or left, how much time it takes for it to do a maneuver. Meanwhile he launches himself at the beast, fear and thoughts of his own safety slipping away. Other things start to fade away, it's just him and the beast...and defeating that beast. His powerful right hand lands on what should be a kidney, then the back of his elbow what should be where a lung is. The beast feels the blows, but seems not as affected as they should be.

Sliding under a wild swing, his forearm connects with a knee, making the creature scream out in pain.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

About this time, Deann's got her bow ready and gets up slightly, sighting the Cyclops, and more particularly its eye. She takes a deep breath and lets go, hoping the arrows are short enough to count for her not against her this time.

((Don't like calling my own finishing shots, so somebody else can determine the success. She's aiming to take his eye out and is concerned cuz her ability won't let her take one hit kills))
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

"Stupid children," the cyclops rumbles. "Foolish, foolish godlings."

The jotun chuckles as it pops its knuckles. "Can't believe you took the bait of an upgrade..."

The cyclops starts to lumber forward when Aiden's thrown bottle hits it in the forehead. It grunts and stumbles a bit, but then it glowers angrily, letting out a bellow that shakes the room. Lupo's body shots don't seem to do much to injure it, though it does stagger as the fists strike home. The shot to its knee makes it stumble. Then the jotun grabs the MMA fighter around the neck with a thick arm, a chill radiating from the Titanspawn's body as it stumbles away, locking its arm under his jaw and pressing its other hand to the back of his head, trying to lock on a blood choke. "Always wanted a chance to beat the champ," the jotun snarls with a grin as it staggers backward, its own massive strength allowing it to lift Lupo off his feet.

The cyclops, meanwhile, is lumbering toward E.J. and Aiden. Selene moves and dives behind the bar, grabbing a bottle of rum and a dish towel. She's busily dousing the towel with rum as she turns to Emmett. "There's a lighter in the drawer, right there," she points to a drawer in the end table. The cyclops reaches the couch behind which Emmett is hiding, grabbing it and hurling it aside--

--just in time for Deann's arrow to catch it in the eye. The bellow is more of a shriek this time, the massive Titanspawn staggering back and clutching at its face. "My eye!" it wails. "You shot my eye!"
                          Last edited by Jay 2K Winger; 05-14-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately for the cyclops, it's not only fighting Lupo and blinded by the arrow that just struck it's eye, but Luke jumps in as well, delivering expert strikes to the monster's joints with his baton, breaking a kneecap on the second strike. It might have been more tactically sound to go after the jotuun, but the cyclops simply bore too much resemblance to the fomorii, and grudges that old die hard.

Comment

Deann breathes a near sigh of relief that her arrow took and lines up another arrow--this time aiming for the jotuun's elbow.
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

EJ nods to Selene and grabs the lighter as well as a few bottles from the mini-bar. He gives the lighter an underhand toss to Selene and then begins hurling the bottles at the Jotun. "Hey ugly, try picking on someone your own size!" In his mind he's thinking So cliche... but it usually works. His aim is three fold. 1: Douse the brute in alcohol for the coming flames 2: Distract his attention from Selene so she can get him with her homemade Molotov. 3: Hopefully tick him off enough to drop Lupo before he's set on fire.
                                Last edited by Chanlin; 05-14-2012, 07:27 PM. Reason: added #3

Comment

Working...
                                X