Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a whole lot of "server busy" messages.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had a short spat of server busy today, started 2005gmt to 2036gmt, which is odd for me being that it happened for the duration of my lunch break (1505-1536ct)
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

I know about the one just now - I was trying to sort something out and had to reboot Apache.

Rapscallion

Comment

I just go a server busy message at about 12:20 AM (0020) EDT. Lasted about 5-8 minutes.

Comment

26/7/08 18:06-18:08
          GMT -5
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Not sure of the time it started, but had an outage just end. As a side note, I noticed a database server on Fratching during the outage (but, like an idiot, didn't think to save it). I do know that the title of the page I got back was "Database Error", though, and that it happened between 11:30pm and 12:45am eastern daylight time.

Hope it helps out a little bit.

Comment

just finished a rather long outage, started at 14:20 untill around 15:17, i wonder if some sort of maintenance is being done near the server that houses the board that might be spilling over to ours.

Comment

vBulletin Message
                The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:59 PM. Mark Forums Read | View Forum Leaders | Log Out Crazeyal

-- Default Style -- cobalt_x -- Mobile

Comment

Wow, very bad one happened tonight. Both Fratching and CS were down for 45 minutes, starting at midnight EDT (well, that's when I started trying to view it tonight anyway), and continuing until 12:45am.

I also got that database error message again from Fratching, so here it is:
                  Quoth Rendered HTML
                  Database Error Database error
                  The database has encountered a problem.
                  Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
                  * Open the www.fratching.com home page, then try to open another page.
                  * Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.fratching.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
                  Quoth Hidden Comment
                  <!--
                  Database error in vBulletin :

mysqli_real_connect() [&lt;a href='function.mysqli-real-connect'&gt;function.mysqli-real-connect&lt;/a&gt;]: (00000/1040): Too many connections
                  /var/www/html2/includes/class_core.php on line 1138

MySQL Error :
                  Error Number :
                  Request Date : Tuesday, July 29th 2008 @ 05:08:57 AM
                  Error Date : Tuesday, July 29th 2008 @ 05:09:01 AM
                  Script : http://www.fratching.com/index.php
                  Referrer : http://www.fratching.com/search.php?searchid=26589
                  IP Address : 70.90.14.154
                  Username :
                  Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
                  MySQL Version :
                  -->
                  Hopefully, these two bits can help narrow the problem down a bit.

Comment

ive seen that second error with some of the apps at work. the midware team and dbas had to increase the connection pools twice to make it stop. makes me wonder if someone is trying a dos attack. or if cs and fratching are getting that much traffic. hmmmmm

Comment

Got a Database error and then a server busy message around 1157 on 8-5-08
                      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Yeah - I was online for this one. I had to restart Apache to help it back into working right. I'm going ot try and restart the SQL server to see if that gets rid of the rogue process.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, restarting the server might explain some of it. I got the standard "page could not be displayed" message today. Didn't bother to see what time it was though.
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Got another one just now (15:06 Central Time 8-6)
                            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Got one about half an hour ago, roughly. Just found this thread Time was about 3pm central US, 9pm GMT. I seem to see it a lot between noonish and about 8-11pm usually. Peak times for people on lunch break/after work, but that would only be in my time zone, so it doesn't quite make sense.
                              Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Yeah - I was on for this one again. SQL went loopy again. Restarted Apache and let it cool down.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X