X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal

Quoth evilhomer View Post
    Those were the ones that really bothered me. Hey, you think you have a case, go for it, knock yourself out, but you are going after the company, not me personally; piss off with your bullshit scare tactics.
    Some of these would be attempts to personally sue me.

Either I was working under contract for a company at a site they sent me to and refuse to leave my work to fix something (computer/printer) the person is demanding I fix but I know is not covered by my work contract.

Or I do work for individuals but point out that I *ONLY* do certain work because my personally resources/knowledge limit what I can do properly.

In both above cases it is *NEVER* the person who I report to or who hired me to work for them whom demands my services.

But yes, in one case a person hired me to work on their computer and before I could touch it they told me they would sue me if I made things worse. So I left.

In truth, there was only one case where I thought the person would really carry thru on their threat. My answer, I refused to talk/help him with anything from then on. This is a person I saw at-least twice a month, I could tell they were pissed at me but if you want to sue me because I point out all the things you are doing wrong learning how to write GUI programs, then it is your problem not mine.

PS. He never did get the hang of writing GUI programs. I wonder why?
    Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 11-20-2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Many companies now have a policy--and more of them should--that as soon as someone says anything about suing or getting their lawyer, that the transaction is stopped, and the information for contacting the legal department is given to the SC.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
      X